Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Cormier elbow

Anyone else see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAoFY0owFXc&feature=player_embedded

Disgraceful IMO...this kid has a history of doing this and was dumb enough to do the same thing at the World Juniors. If I never see him on the ice again, I won't complain.

January 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

wow.... the convulsing is pretty disturbing. volchenkov can land clean and crushing hits... you could argue in the defence of liambis to some extent. but when youve been throwing elbows left and right for a while your bound to end up hurting someone

January 18, 2010 at 3:42 PM | Registered CommenterPhlax

Fortunately it looks like Tam is "OK", but there was no excuse for that whatsoever. I am shocked that he was the Canadian Junior Captain.

January 18, 2010 at 4:24 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

I was shocked when I heard the news, but even more disturbed when I saw the video. He's from Cap-Pele, an hour's drive from my hometown, and played Midget Hockey in Moncton. His style has been described as aggressive and has earned a reputation as a physical player. But this is just unacceptable. 15 games at least IMO.

January 18, 2010 at 7:27 PM | Registered CommenterBrennan Dixon

I would expect him to be suspended for the rest of the season, and I think this is the last year he can play in the CHL so he might be done with junior hockey. He's a devil's prospect and Lamoriello say's the hit's not as serious as some people make it out to be so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the NHL unfortunately.

January 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM | Registered CommenterJames Raen

Just for once I would like somebody who is asked to comment on something like this to man up and not trot out the traditional BS excuses (he plays hard, he's a good team mate, he's not that sort of player, it's not as bad as the media are making out, he never meant to hurt him).

Looking at the video there doesn't seem to be much of a case for it being anything other than what it looked which was a guy throwing his elbow into an opponent's face as he skated past him.

Of course he'll be in the NHL because despite what they say, the NHL aren't serious about eliminating headshots - if they were they would already have done it. Time after time we see people slammed into the boards or elbowed to the head and nobody does anything about it expect blame the instigator rule for it continuing.

The only way to eliminate those sort of hits from the game is to severely punish the people that throw them, until that happens these sort of stories will crop up month in, month out.

January 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Brutal. It's even worse when the guy starts siezuring on the ice.

January 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

to me , this is far worse that the liambis (?) hit on which the guy got suspended for the year. that hit could be argued as just a hard hit gone wrong. this was deliberate head hunting, intent to injure. But, Cormier is a star player, not a 19 year old goon. so, .....let's see if they have the guts.

January 19, 2010 at 4:21 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

The decision is to be stated on Monday *dun dun dun*. The Q acts very much in way of the NHL that they want a clean image.

January 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM | Registered CommenterBrennan Dixon