Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Who starts in goal? And then what???

I'm assuming that Clouston will do what is right and start young Mike Brodeur again tonight to see what he can do against the Habs. I mean come on...2-0, 1 shutout and a .982 save percentage would dictate that he should get another go over the struggling Elliot. Sure, he's played a grand total of 2 NHL games and is no Ryan Miller but he's done everything one would expect to get another start. I say play him until his play dictates that he should be replaced.

Now just for sh*ts and giggles, what happens if Brodeur comes in and plays lights-out while Leclaire is gone? What would the Sens do? They can't send either of their regulars to the minors without passing waivers so what's would happen? Trade, risk a minors stint, pay Fish to take one of them out continuously for the rest of the season???

January 16, 2010 at 2:03 PM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

... last item could work ...

LeClaire: ... hey, I'm feelin' better, maybe if I ... <k-thwack!!!> ... oooh, maybe not ... hey, it's not so bad - I'll think I can start in net now ... <k-thwack> ... oooh, Fish, stop it man, that last one actually hurt .....

Elliott: ... hey, feelin' better, maybe I could ...
Fish: You're still sick. <dead man walking stare>
Elliott: ... but I'm ... <pees his pants a bit> ... okay, maybe I'm still sick ...

Good ole Fish. Even in a scoring slump, he finds a way to contribute ...

January 16, 2010 at 3:32 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

LOL...thanks for the chuckle!

January 17, 2010 at 12:44 AM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

Addendum: see previous post:

Good ole Fish. Even when he's scoring empty net goals, he finds a way to contribute ...

January 17, 2010 at 8:26 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck