Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Leclaire hurt (again), Elliot ill, Brodeur recalled

Do you need any more of a reason to watch tonight than to see Brodeur?! Discuss.

January 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM | Registered CommenterTank Dawg

Alright now. I liked the way this kid played, and I wanted to see him again. I will be watching with great interest tonight.

We do live in interesting times...

January 14, 2010 at 1:00 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

WHAT? the guy stops 2 pucks all year and they both hurt him?

January 14, 2010 at 1:01 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Chiodo is hurt so Brodeur was the only option. Hopefully Elliott gets well soon. Next choice is Holt, but he needs a 2-way deal for that to happen. Think Murray will last the season?

January 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Off-topic: I don't see what Murray has done wrong in his tenure as GM.
1. I felt good about every trade he has made when he made it. The fact that it didn't turn out as anticipated is based on many variables (the team, the coaching, etc.)

2. The Kovalev signing - if Melnyk (the guy who signs your cheques) tells you to go get a player, you go and do it. This was a huge gamble and a marketing move to bring some star power after #15 left. Yes, Kovalev has sold many jerseys and has brough some star power with him, but he has been a flop on the ice most nights. Murray could have probably put his foot down and told Melnyk that they could save the cap room to get something better on the market.... BUT there was/is nothing available!

Either way, I am not going to be upset if they fire Murray at the end of the year if the team misses the playoffs. However, I wouldn't say he burried the team. The team isn't performing up to expectations, so either the expectations are too high or someone's gotta get chopped!

January 14, 2010 at 1:54 PM | Registered CommenterTank Dawg

I remember that during the Kovalev signing ... if Murray said that Melnyk TOLD him to go out and get Kovalev once, he said it five times.

Kind of like building your alibi in advance, as it were ... ok if it worked out, but a big 'his fault' if it worked out like it did in Montreal ...

Trouble is, with Kovalev pulling this enigmatic non-entity crap on two teams in two years, no-one will take him off our hands ... maybe he'll go back to Russia ...

January 14, 2010 at 2:57 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Murray has done a better job than Muckler, but that's not saying much. He is trying to put the wheels back on a moving bus. He repeatedly calls up prospects that aren't ready and dumps them back to Binghamton. Either these prospects are getting wasted by not enough development time or they aren't that good to begin with.

Let me ask this: Is there anyone called up from Binghamton this season that you think is worth keeping?

January 14, 2010 at 3:21 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Yes - Karlsson and Carkner :)

January 14, 2010 at 3:45 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron

gotta love a good conspiracy theory. is leclaire really hurt? is elliot really sick? is this just an excuse to give brodeur a shot the day after wilson got fired. that's the talk on the radio. gotta love the soap opera.

January 14, 2010 at 4:03 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I choose to believe that the Leclaire injury is true. If it was an excuse to give Brodeur another go, I believe Leclaire would be quite pissed off and it would be quite obvious. Kind of like when Hasek was sulking on the bench during his "injury."

Anyway... time will tell.

January 14, 2010 at 5:23 PM | Registered CommenterTank Dawg

Hmmmm ... wonder if Clouston fired the 'practice' shot that took LeClaire out of the mix ...?

... when you stack it next to arson and food poisoning, it pales by comparison ...

January 15, 2010 at 1:46 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

here's the thing. this shot was hard enough to knock him out for a week....but nobody saw it. and nobody saw him acting hurt afterwards. and nobody is saying they took the shot. just sayin...

January 15, 2010 at 3:46 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Citizen is saying that it was Fisher that took the shot, but I don't know ... hey, wait a minute ... it was an ERRANT shot from Fisher that took LeClaire out on the bench a while ago ... hmmm ....

Why is it I picture Murray donning a raspy accent and saying to Fish, "You want the 'A', Mikey, you can have the 'A'. But ... at some time in the future, you may have to do me a little favor ..."

January 15, 2010 at 3:56 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Did Leclair say something about a certain singer that pissed Mike off?

January 15, 2010 at 4:01 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior