Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > WANTED: One Goaltending Coach

Eli Wilson has been fired.

January 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Awesome. It's about time. Regardless of how much of the Sens current suckage you think is Wilson's fault, goaltending issues have been such an issue for this team that it just had to happen for the sake of the message it sends. We've gone through 17 head coaches in the past 3 seasons, it was time for a goaltending coach to go.

Link: http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=513454

January 13, 2010 at 1:19 PM | Registered Commenterneonpablo

Best news ever!!! I have thought about that for a long time.. he should have been fired a season or two ago. Clearly he is messing up the systems of goalies that come to this organization.

January 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron

If I were Carvel, I'd be pimpin' my LinkedIn profile. Not only goaltending sucked the last time, the PP isn't doing much the last few years. Although I think he has done great things with the team.

I believe Wilson is a nice person, but the message needed to be sent indeed. It's not said it's his fault (solely), but when a head coach is fired, it's nearly never solely his fault. The situation needed definately a spark. I wont go so far as to say it should have happened years ago, but the whole goalie situation has become too obvious now.

It may be a stupid thought, but I ponder if the goalies have been consulted on this one? There certainly are clear reasons not to. But on the other hand, the management will consult with the coaching staff about the functioning of the players. So why not the other way around?
What the heck; why not let the players consult with the coaches about the functioning of the management... Something has got to be wrong, not?

January 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

It's about f*cking time!!!!

January 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I guess goalie coaches don't count to the cap... Please mr. Melnyk, take out your wallet and get us the best goalie coach there is!

January 13, 2010 at 3:39 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

He was in Bingo last week and someone posted on a forum that they spotted a car with Ottawa plates parked in a handicap spot. We found that very fitting.

January 13, 2010 at 4:05 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Ron Tugnutt is the goalie coach for the Oshawa Generals these days. Perhaps it's time to bring in an alumni?

January 13, 2010 at 5:07 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

The boys on TGOR were sorta wanting this, this morning it seemed to me.

His Goalies sure haven't got any better that's for sure

January 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln