Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > We have a team of AHL'ers.....

No wonder we're losing to some of the worst teams in the east. We seriously have nothing on this team right now. Our defence is a complete joke (someone remind me why the hell Karlsson is on the team this year? Good call there Murray), and no one can score any goals. I think this stretch takes us out of the playoff hunt.

And you know what? I would rather eat the basement for a few years than have a team that just barely squeaks into the playoffs and gets destroyed in the first round.

January 13, 2010 at 3:45 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Gert - are you saying that karlsson shouldn't be on this team because he isn't good enough or because he shouldn't be exposed to a team that's playing this badly?

Either way, I don't see how anyone can say that Karlsson isn't one of our top 6 dmen at this current time and keep a straight face. Game after game it isn't Karlsson that is causing the majority of our defensive issues, the blame for that lies elsewhere on the blueline.

January 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

I think it's a bad idea to expose him to such a terrible D core. He should have gotten at least one season of AHL experience under his belt before brining him up. We've now burned one of his FA years for nothing.

January 13, 2010 at 3:39 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator