Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > I may just have been insulted

As I was walking into work today (proudly wearing my Sens beanie hat thing) the security guard said "Hey you're gonna lose tonight". I barely gave it a second thought as I just assumed that he was a Boston fan.

But sitting at my desk and not working very hard it occurs to me that the security guard knows I am not Canadian and could have been referring to the juniors gold medal game tonight - if this is the case this is a complete diasaster because this means HE THINKS I'M AN AMERICAN!!! Disgraceful. I'd almost rather be called Scottish.

January 5, 2010 at 11:11 AM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

pepole r stoopid

January 5, 2010 at 11:58 AM | Registered CommenterGranNy

Friends don't call friends Scottish?

January 5, 2010 at 12:46 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

enemies don't call enemies scottish, let alone friends

January 5, 2010 at 1:20 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

now you've done it. The wife's family is scottish, and so is mine (albeit about 500 years ago).

btw, can I borrow a quid for a fortnight?

January 5, 2010 at 2:28 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

anything beyond 2 generations ago doesn't count

January 5, 2010 at 3:35 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

theres nothing wrong with the scottish.... as long as they dont venture south of hadrians wall

January 5, 2010 at 7:12 PM | Registered CommenterPhlax

I am Scottish and I live South of Hadrians Wall !!!!!!!!!

Although I would hate to be mistaken for an American !!

Cam

January 6, 2010 at 8:00 AM | Registered CommenterCameron Ross

So today the same security guard was wearing a Boston cap and had a Bruins jersey hanging up behind his desk. It still sucks that he took the piss out of the Sens but at least it means he doesn't think I'm an American.

January 6, 2010 at 9:52 AM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Amen to that !

January 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM | Registered CommenterCameron Ross

Well I was born in the USA and I have to tell ya I'm proud that none of you are Americans too.

Let me know when your Countries save the world from Nazism, Communism or even land a man on the Moon.

The whole world is waiting in anticipation for that big idea from the rest of ya!

But I thought this was a HOCKEY site. Forgive my ignorance.

January 7, 2010 at 12:08 AM | Registered CommenterChuckie

um, i believe Canada and Britain might have had a little something to do with slapping around the Nazis too, not not mention we were there FROM THE START!!!

as for communism, you did a hell of a job on north vietnam. put them in their place.

the moon landing was a hoax. the internet says so,

and i still fall back on the old favourite, you are responsible for dog the bounty hunter.

i love a good border squirmish.

January 7, 2010 at 12:16 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Canada and Britian huh. They were doing so well too. Let's see first Austria then Hungary then Poland then France (Ah Where are the Canadian front lines) Then Holland and Belgum (I can hear the people now, "Don't worry citizens we still have GB and Canada on our side." Mostly quoted from German Concentration Camps. It would have taken Hitler less than a year to starve that Island. Who kept Great Britan fed? At the height of Hitler's Barbarosa Campaign the Russian people were literally eating their own dead. Even with ammo you can't fight starving to death. Hell without supplies you wouldn't have the ammo either. Leaving who left South America and Canada. Well Canada minus the French ones. The Separatists would have already have surrendered in 1941.

There only two wars (conflicts?) that the USA got into that they shouldn't have. Vietnam and Korea. As far as Vietnam, hey We the People didn't want it either. Govt. and Corps. might have wanted it. "Americans" got their skulls beat trying to STOP that war. Chicago 1968 Kent State 1970 Berkley throuh out the war. Those are just the major headline stories.

Korea a poor attempt to make a statement. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and if the Father was half a egocentric as his son, well maybe they needed to be shown a line on a map too. If European and Asian nations didn't invade their neighbors and didn't fly airplanes into buildings or cruise across the Pacific to Sneak-Attack us. Well we probably be watching hockey!

If you don't like Americans fine. Drop all the stuff we gave you. Start with the car and computer. Then you can throw out all your photos and also recorded audio and video. Might as well throw the TV out also. I'll give ya "Live TV." No recorded stuff! I give the TV to the Ruskies and the radio to Tesla (not Marconi) although both Tesla and Marconi developed their crafts in Canada no New Zealand no Great Britain I don't think so. Talk about no nukes throw that Microwave out. And thank you Thomas Crapper for making my chamber pot and out-house obsolete.

This debate just makes me feel as ignorant as the people that I'm debating. Can we get back to sports. How about them Sens!

January 7, 2010 at 3:06 AM | Registered CommenterChuckie

Chuckie,

I have a genuine feeling of goodwill to all Americans however, having lived there and visited on numerous occasions I still struggle to find any that understand Sarcasm & Irony, it doesn't appear to be part of the American psyche.

In the UK we are quite happy taking the piss out of each other and only feel we have made a friend if they have insulted us. It was all a bit of fun.

Happy New Year and Go Sens !!!!

Cam

January 7, 2010 at 4:04 AM | Registered CommenterCameron Ross

Wow. I really hope Obama works out for you Chuckie.

January 7, 2010 at 4:19 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

holy crap!! rant of the year chuckie!! well done, you republican, michael moore hating bastard! i'd be pissed too if i lived in buffalo.

that reminded me of that scene in back to school between sam kinison and rodney dangerfield.

now, stop talking on your cell phone during dinner.

leafs suck.

January 7, 2010 at 10:36 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

and...you did elect bush, twice. ok, once but after he cheated on the first one, that should have been your cue.

and dog the bounty hunter.

January 7, 2010 at 10:51 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

what's wrong with Dog the Bounty hunter?

January 7, 2010 at 11:40 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Thomas Crapper??? You mean he invented that?

January 7, 2010 at 11:42 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Bah... I'm sick of the anti-american culture which has risen up in Canada.

There are some cultural differences, but we're tied closely together whether we like it or not.

Now excuse me while I go grab a Starbucks, then I'm off to Walmart and Costo to shop... tonight I'm going to AMC to watch a movie, then when I'm back home I'm going to catch up on (insert prime time show name here). Tomorrow it's back to work for me, of which most of my entire customer base is... (you get the picture)

Disagree on things if you will, sterotypes abound for sure both ways (eh?), but don't bite the hand that feeds ya! :)

That's why we gave the USA Juniors team the odd man rush in OT... we'd been hogging gold medals for too long. We're nice :)

January 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron

"what's wrong with Dog the Bounty hunter?"

what's right with him?

January 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Thomas Crapper??? You mean he invented that?

unfortunately it was probably the Chinese that invented the flush toilet system, it's one of the more common urban myths that it was Thomas Crapper who invented the toilet, although his name did give rise to some excellent schoolboy jokes, as did Crapper's patented device the ballcock.

Crapper was from Yorkshire by the way, but then, nobody's perfect.

January 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

As an American who loves Canada I thank you Crazy Canuck for giving "US" that odd man rush.

January 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

"that reminded me of that scene in back to school between sam kinison and rodney dangerfield."

here ya go! if chuckie was a history teacher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6JLHZ3eJZs&feature=fvsr

January 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell