Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > First Reports are Alfredsson is out for a few weeks

That it sucks is an understatement to be sure, with Kovatard now a leader of the offense it doesn't look good

December 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I don't know all about it yet, because I haven't seen last game. But as I try to give things a positive spin. It might be a good thing for Alfie. Losing him is never good, even when he has a broken leg, he makes the team better, but he's not been himself the last few weeks. Hopefully he (and the team) will come out of it stronger!

December 24, 2009 at 4:45 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Not to worry guys, the rest of the team always steps it up when Alfie is out.

December 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

am I really the only one who thinks that the hit on alfie was an attempt to injure? yes, it was clean by the standard of the rules but the guy went straight at his head. if ruutu's hit the other night was worth 5 mins and a fine, this wasn't worth 2 mins? and after some of the other charging/boarding calls in that game, this is a farce.

pierre called it a "hockey play" and that he had no intention of injuring alfie. i have watched the replay over and over. sorry,that guy had one thing in mind, take out alfie. he went straight at his head. alfie is lucky he got his shoulder in the way a bit but there was just as much intent, maybe more, than the ruutu hit.

i know i sound like a homer but this just seems so incredibly obvious to me. a star player was targeted to the head and the refs made no call. I guess murray's rant didn't shame the refs or the league at all. they just don't care.

December 24, 2009 at 9:37 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

To me it was a sandwich. The hit was a third man in. I do think hardest hit on Alfies head came from the non-hitting player. But the bad intent was clearly on the hitter. I don't even wanna know his name, there was no retaliation this game, so I guess there won't be any at all!

December 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Michalek went right after the guy who hit Alfredsson he tried to bury him right then but he's not a fighter but he did go right
at that guy

December 30, 2009 at 6:57 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Didn't someone (Carks) fight Adams in the 3rd period?

December 30, 2009 at 7:03 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

I'm afraid with Michalek out now, Alfie will return too soon. We know how our Golden (but somehow a stronger metal like titanium seems more appropriate) Gawd is always back before expected, because the team needs him. I'd like a half injured Alfie back anytime, but it's not good for the long time I guess!

January 9, 2010 at 6:14 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru