Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Spezza out 4-6 weeks with knee injury

You know, this could be the best bit of bad news we've had all season ... whether it's missing Heatley, nagging injury or newly married vaginal-whipping, it doesn't matter - Jason is not the same. He needs to be off to heal, find his mojo, something ...

He should have been sat already based on his performance thus far, but I'll give Clouston a mulligan on that one - look how the last one turned out ...

... thanks, Leafers. You may have saved our season ...

December 15, 2009 at 1:48 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Totally agree with you Puddleduck. Don't like seeing anyone on our team injured but if this is the only way Spezza will sit out a few games then so be it...

December 15, 2009 at 2:09 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

Well some the people on this forum have gotten their wish. We will see how much better we are without him.

December 15, 2009 at 3:58 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

great, now who's going step-up to be our new leader in give-aways

December 15, 2009 at 5:06 PM | Registered Commenterdrewbetts

canuck, what will this do to the quality time with you and the mrs?

December 15, 2009 at 5:17 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

He was our first line center albeit a turnover machine but he scored last nite.

This team doesn't have that much depth to lose front line players. Fisher will have to move to the first line right?

December 15, 2009 at 6:03 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I think we should keep the Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev line together, it's consistently the most dangerous we have. I love my mancrush but centering Milan and Alfie needs somebody with slightly better touch.

We've brought up somebody from Bingo with offensive upside, plug him or Regin in on the front line and see what they can do with the opportunity.

December 15, 2009 at 6:11 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Awesome - Fisher is top line center now. Lets hope this is the extra little bit he needed to make the team!

sorry spezz

December 15, 2009 at 7:39 PM | Registered CommenterBiffs

Meh, not like he was a big loss this year anyway. This has been and will continue to be a disastrous season for Jason Spezza.

December 16, 2009 at 3:52 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Well the boob grabbing had to stop I suppose. My cheeks were getting sore from all the slapping :)

December 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Hennessy called up to take his spot on the roster. Hennessy is a VERY streaky player and has been hot lately. With any luck, he'll carry that over and fill in nicely. BUT - I think he's a veteran and if he stays too long might have to clear waivers to be sent back down.

December 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Here's one fan who is devastasted about jason's injury

yippie!

December 16, 2009 at 5:22 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell