Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > What's going on???

I've only managed to catch a few periods of this road-trip and everything I saw was UGLY! The 'first line' spent 90% of their time in their own zone, Elliot looked awkward, D couldn't clear the zone and, the most disturbing thing, players were running into each other in every zone! To me, when players start running into each other, it's a sign that they don't know their zones and responsibilities. It is also a sign that whatever system they are trying to run is breaking down.

So what is going on here? Are we witnessing a slump or a collapse?

For those who question and those who support Clouston, this could be the moment we see what he's really capable of.

December 6, 2009 at 9:39 AM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

IMO this is not on coaching this is a personal pride thing with the guys on the ice. Spezza is probably playing hurt and
Kovalev is a floater. The Leclaire injury is a HUGE problem I mean the guy was sitting on the bench for God's sake and
gets hurt. He gave the team confidence like Shredder said hopefully its' just a slump for all our sakes who are fans.

December 6, 2009 at 1:03 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

we're not going to blame another coach, are we? when does it fall on the players?

December 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I think it's a product of all the band aid solutions that Murray has put in place on this team. Heatley screwed us to the point where we couldn't do anything on free agency, so we had to settle for the scraps (kovalev). Campoli was supposed to move the puck, but he sucks. Spezza is just a bed sh*tter right now.

I think they'll come out of it, but to be successful, you have to hit .500 on the road, and the sens look like they have trouble making a line change in someone else' building, let alone actually gutting out a tough road win.

December 6, 2009 at 6:10 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I think the team is experiencing a mental block more than anything. Injuries cannot be an excuse - just look at all the other playoff teams in the league; they are all riddled with injuries and still fighting.

The coach needs to breathe some confidence and positive energy into this team but simplifying the game. I believe that when you lose your game you just have to simplify everything and start back up with baby steps i.e. chip the puck out, dump it behind the D, throw a hit, get a shot on net.... At least our 4th line is doing it and producing!

December 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM | Registered CommenterTank Dawg