Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > spezza's back and foligno sits

heard dean brown confirm that spezza does in fact have a bad back and has been fighting it since day 1 this year. the question now is how long should he keep going out there and doing nothing and when should he sit and rest it. no matter who they put in for him, they couldn't do less than he is. i think if he's going to continue like this, sit him and let him get better. think long term here.

foligno sits tonight. I like this move. for years we've bitched that no one ever gets benched on this team. clouston is making a statement here. we know foligno has more to give than he has and maybe he needs a wake up call. same could be said for a few others but maybe this is the shot across the bow for the whole team. just being ok is not good enough and it's time to pick it up. Floatalev, are you listening?

December 3, 2009 at 5:23 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Even a bingo call up can't possibly do any less than spezza. Sit your ass and get better because you sure as hell aren't doing anything for the team. If you want to play through an injury, you can't use it as an excuse for crappy play. Rest, come back and play like you want to win.

Btw, are you guys doing a show this week?

December 3, 2009 at 6:34 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Spezza definately needs to sit out a while, he's way too talented and overpaid to be sh67ting the bed this bad. I live in san jose and was at the game on tuesday he was a ghost for about 80 percent of the game. I felt AK27 played pretty well that game, i could see how you guys up there could be so frustrated with how uninterested he's been at times this year. Eliot looked like swiss cheese on tuesday but then again quite a few goalies do against san jose.

December 3, 2009 at 6:46 PM | Registered Commenterpuckit24

I'll tell you one thing, if fricking basketball gets in the way of my hockey, i'll be plenty pissed.

December 3, 2009 at 8:06 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Russell, repectfully disagree. Sitting Foligno doesn't send a message to any of the high end players on this team. Ya wanna send a message, sit AK27 or Cheechoo. Regardless of their perceived effort, they are not positive contributers to this team right now.

December 3, 2009 at 10:39 PM | Registered CommenterHwydog

i hear what you're saying but what i HOPE it is, is a warning that they are next and that he's moving up the food chain.

I actually think cheechoo is playing better the last two games. he made a great play tonight on his goal. with him, it's not lack of effort, i think it's lack of ability. Floatalev, yeah, he's in my sights. But he's always been like this, he's not likely to change now, unfortunately.

December 4, 2009 at 1:49 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell