Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Will Ovechkin be suspended?

Just saw Ovechkin's knee on knee hit. It sure looked blatant to me. It will be interesting to see what the NHL does. Probably nothing or maybe a slap on the wrist at most.

November 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Saw the following on gasp a Leafs blog (via a Sens blog mind you). Despite the point of origin, I found it pretty funny:

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/11/nhl-suspensions.html

My bet is that Ovechkin won't be suspended because he got hurt on the play and left the game while the other guy came back at some point.

I haven't seen the hit though... does anyone have a Youtube link?

November 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM | Registered Commenterdata_sprite12

oh my god, that is freakin' hilarious! how did a leafer manage to do such a brilliant thing?

December 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

as for the hit, i' haven't seen such a deliberate knee since marchment retired. if he doesn' get suspended for that, he never will. Cherry is going to have a field day with that one.

December 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

He should be suspended... at least for 2 games. But we all know he won't get anything... 'cause... well... he's Ovechkin.

December 1, 2009 at 1:14 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

It's kinda funny. Ovechkin plays that hard style all the time, he tries to take out Gleason's knee, and ovie gets the absolute worst of it. If you slow it down, looks like it could be a pretty bad MCL strain. Poetic justice i guess you could say.

December 1, 2009 at 4:10 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

KARMA B!TCH.

December 1, 2009 at 9:50 AM | Registered CommenterBrennan Dixon

so he gets 2 games but he'd have likely missd them anyways with the injury. but now, he's on the books and they can't ignore him anymore.

December 1, 2009 at 5:04 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I don't like it.

December 2, 2009 at 1:57 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

When are they going to get these GOONS like Crosby and Ovechkin out of the league? They are ruining the sport.

December 2, 2009 at 3:26 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron