Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Karlsson recalled, Lee send down

Tomorrow's game against the B's will be karlsson's 10th game, so this year will now count toward free agency. Not really sure what to think about that.

How much does it suck to be Lee? He's gotta be done on this team, he just never shows enough when he's brought up.

Who comes out when Volch comes back? I still say Campoli and Picard suck so bad in their zone. But Picard has put up pretty big points on the pp.

November 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Oops, I guess you beat my post by 30 seconds.

It probably sucks for Murray too if he's trying to trade Lee... Lee's not making himself attractive at all.

November 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM | Registered Commenterdata_sprite12

I just don't see it from Lee. Everyone is saying how much better he's play but every single time he goes back to get the puck, he's getting dominated by opposing forwards. He's not going to make it on this team.

Use him as bait for Barker!!

:D

November 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Is there no one else in Binghamton they could bring up until Volch is back?

November 28, 2009 at 12:01 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I remember at the end of the 07-08 season, Lee played 6 games and we all thought that he was going to be a good defenceman, potentially taking Redden's spot after he got traded.

Now did his play deteriorate that much since the end of the 07-08 or were we that freaking bad that he looked good compared to the rest of our D. Either way, it's not good.

For the Sens to send him back and bring up Karlsson pretty much kills his chance of landing a full time job with the Sens. He's making $850K with a $400K bonus, so his cap hit is $1.2M. This is his contract year, so he's not helping himself if he hopes to resign as a UFA.

Anyone know if the Sens do make a qualifying offer to retain his UFA status if it can still include a 2-way contact?

A-Train is a UFA next year, he's our top priority to resign. We still have Cheechoo on next year's books at $3.5M. Man what a waste of money that is.

November 28, 2009 at 3:42 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Homer u can bet if Cheechoo doesn't pick it up he will more than likely end up in minors and off Ottawa's cap. He'll get paid
but they will need the space for A-Train for sure

November 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Kar killed us tonight on the PP.

November 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

well, he wasn't the worst d-man on the ice tonight.

November 29, 2009 at 4:38 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Karlsson is the best D in Bingo, which doesn't say much. Kudelka has been better, but is hurt. Rest of them are mediocre by AHL standards. None of them, Kar included, are ready for NHL. Lee is a waste of a roster spot.

There's no way Cheechoo spends the season in Bingo. They'll either buy him out or bounce him on waivers for someone else to pickup. Ottawa just doesn't have the bankroll to pay NHL salaries for guys to play in the AHL.

November 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut