Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sens @ 666

Spezza....how do i say.....useless? Enough with the talk, you better start producing, we're not paying to glide around like a tit out there!

November 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

That was Alfie throwing his stick. Pretty rare for him to show that kind of frustration.

No PPs for Ottawa in this game was total BS

November 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Ok, so we played a tough game against a top team. Not bad, considering.

November 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM | Registered CommenterHwydog

Well, the devils were due to win (they were in a 3 game funk) and the Sens were on a roll due for a loss

November 25, 2009 at 9:23 PM | Registered CommenterAckSens

I'm still stunned that Burke's son is gay. I mean that's just mind blowing. I can't believe they only spent one intermission on it.

November 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

It was 2nd game of the year where Ottawa has NO power play opportunity. That is not right.

November 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM | Registered CommenterAckSens

lol, "the stick is thrown so the goal counts." That's not the rule!!!! -- thrown stick = Penalty Shot, not an automatic goal!!

not if it's an empty net, if you throw your stick on a player through on an empty net a goal is automatically awarded (rule 88)

November 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

I think he was talking about the rule change instituted to eliminate the Roger Neilson Strategy of the Goalie leaving his stick in the crease after being pulled... I think that equals a goal nowadays. BUT... WHO KNOWS!

The Devils apparently should be called the Jesus because they are sin free. WTF kind of excuse was that for reffing NHL!

November 25, 2009 at 9:27 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Thanks UK... that's the one.

November 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Hahaha... 'The Jesus' ah man, good one Ivan!

November 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM | Registered CommenterAckSens

Binghamton will be getting a few calls tonight, anyways... I'm off, good night!

November 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM | Registered CommenterAckSens

UKSen... ok, you're right. But it's rule 53.7 in the NHL rule book :)

http://www.nhl.com/league/ext/rules/2009-2010_Rule_Book.pdf

November 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM | Registered Commentersensfanleeman

... ahem ... on a previous post, I indicated that I thought that the refereeing was improving in regards to the Senators ... I was apparently wrong.

... starting to make this fan very angry. Level the playing field - call it or don't ... jesus ...

November 26, 2009 at 12:00 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

UKSen... ok, you're right. But it's rule 53.7 in the NHL rule book :)

so good they ruled it twice

Rule 88 Throwing Stick

When any member of the defending Team, including any Manager, Coach or Trainer, throws or shoots any part of a stick or any other object at the puck or puck carrier in his defending zone, the Referee shall:
Award a penalty shot if the stick or other object is thrown or shot at the puck or the puck carrier in the defending zone, preventing a reasonable shot or pass.
This shot shall be taken by the player designated by the Referee as the player fouled.

Assess a minor penalty for interference if the stick or other object is thrown or shot at the puck or the puck carrier in the defending zone, but does not interfere in any manner with the puck or the puck carrier.
Not assess a penalty if the stick or other object is thrown or shot away from the area of play (moved out of the traffic area) and in no way interferes with the play.
If, when the opposing goalkeeper has been removed, a member of the defending Team, including any Manager, Coach or Trainer, throws or shoots any part of a stick or any other object at the puck or puck carrier, thereby preventing the puck carrier from having a clear shot on an "open net", a goal shall be awarded to the attacking side.

November 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

First off I hate the Devils and second off that 666 thing on the header to this thread is genius LMAO when I saw that this morning

November 26, 2009 at 2:08 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln