Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Let the sadness begin

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=299706

Leclaire, out for the foreseeable future with a broken jaw.

November 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM | Registered CommenterG-roy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

November 24, 2009 at 12:20 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

My thoughts exactly.

November 24, 2009 at 12:20 PM | Registered CommenterG-roy

certainly not good news but i;m confident elliot can carry the load until he's back. we didn't think they'd do well without a-train and just look at them!!! stranger things have happened.

November 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

True enough. Elliott has some potential. And this is his time to show it off. Hoping for some good news on the A-Train injury soon, he has been missed with those shot blocks and physical presence.

November 24, 2009 at 1:35 PM | Registered CommenterG-roy

Still, I would have preferred Leclaire in nets for when facing douche-bag in San Jose.

November 24, 2009 at 1:44 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

a-train should be back before the weekend, or by it latest so it's like having another goalie out there anyways!!!

November 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Oh boy that's not good, Dammit!!!!!!

November 24, 2009 at 2:08 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

@Shredder I completely agree. Though it will be funny if we can pull out a win with Elliott in net. Especially if Cheechoo puts a few in and Michalek continues to play the way he has.

@Russel Hence why i am hoping the news regarding A-Train making progress doesn't turn around, I wasn't going to mention the news so far as I did not want to jinx anything.

November 24, 2009 at 2:11 PM | Registered CommenterG-roy

Looks like we a backup for elliot.....
Emery!Emery!Emery!

wait...........

November 24, 2009 at 3:24 PM | Registered CommenterGranNy

Didn't look too serious of an injury during those interviews.

I think this is more like those times when Mr. Scott would tell Captain Kirk that it would take 2 hours to do a job and then impress him when it would only take 30 minutes. I don't see it being a month unless there is something else they are not telling us.

November 24, 2009 at 6:48 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

I concur, based on what I saw on TSN, it couldn't be a injury putting him out for a month.

November 24, 2009 at 7:05 PM | Registered CommenterGranNy

I can't wait for Mike Brodeur to get his first start and have everyone in the media flip out when they see "M.Brodeur" on Ottawa's game notes.

November 24, 2009 at 7:59 PM | Registered CommenterLuciferSam

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

An injured Leclair resting up on the bench takes a puck to the face and is out for a month. Holy wow. Unbelievable.

November 24, 2009 at 9:44 PM | Registered CommenterDroc

Im sorry, but wow.
When I heard this news I almost soiled myself.

Really? This is insane. My goddam head is going to 'splode!

November 24, 2009 at 9:48 PM | Registered CommenterDroc

Looks like a loss in a win!

November 25, 2009 at 4:48 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Well, at least he'll get the rest he needs from the lower back injury which sat him out a game or two. If he is prone to injury.. perhaps it is just as well that he doesn't play over 66% of the games.

I always thought it was risky for teams like NJ or Calgary to ride their starting goalie for so many games -- and then hope to go deep in playoffs. I'd much rather have a good backup which can go in 25-33% of the time just to rest the starter and give him time when he needs it.

Either way... poor Chuck! Get well soon!

November 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

... and now Fisher is tentative for tonight ... crap.

Well, at least the officating has been a bit better the past while ... here's to the hard run that gels a team together ...

November 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Anyone got Gerber's phone number?

November 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior