Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > THis is it

These are the new Senators. The season has officially begun. This team is playing with confidence for the first time in a year and a half. They know they can win. Playoffs this year!

November 24, 2009 at 12:45 AM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

So if they lose their next game, play poorly... you're not going to be back here whining about how we're going to miss the playoffs right? :)

November 24, 2009 at 9:08 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

I would be careful about jumping to conclusions so fast. The Norteast is possibly the worst division in the league and it's so wide open. Under certain circumstances any team, except Toronto of course, could take the division.
Boston- are playing sluggish
Barfs- Struggling to score
Montreal- Inconsistent and incredibly average
Toronto- just plain bad
Ottawa- Always seems to be something

If anyone of the teams gets hot they could leave everyone else in the dust. It should also be mentioned that it's the quarter pole and the schedule is 82 games. We've seen teams in recent years such as Montreal, New York, Ottawa be on top of the standings only to collapse and limp into the playoffs. Remember; anything can happen.

November 24, 2009 at 11:42 AM | Registered CommenterBrennan Dixon

Hey im all for getting horny about our team and work ethic, but losing Leclaire for a month right before the most pivotal stretch in the season has me worried.

I have some faith in elliot, but he is our backup, and he is not Leclaire.

Someone upstairs hates us sens fans!!

November 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Lets also keep in mind that except for that 3rd period, they were playing like absolute crap. If we hadn't turned it on in the 3rd, we'd be bitching about how much they suck and lethargic they looked.

Any hockey player will tell you, the key is to remain even keel and not get too high or too low.

November 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator