Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > New meaning to "No Goal"

As Shredder would say.... "The refs are a JOKE."

Brad May/Red Wings denied a goal

There should be no controversy about this.

November 19, 2009 at 11:38 PM | Registered Commentersensfanleeman

this is what happens when you put the war room in toronto...it sucks. the whole city is tainted.

November 20, 2009 at 12:01 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

how could they possible screw that up? unreal!

November 20, 2009 at 12:29 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Get the refs some sort of apparatus that will allow the whistle to be next to their mouth... a modified harmonica holder or something.

This sh%^ty "I meant to blow the whistle, but I couldn't bring my hand to my mouth in time" sh&^ is bonkers.
RRRRRRtards can bring their hands to their mouths faster than these guys apparently.

November 20, 2009 at 1:07 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

They can sure bring other things to their mouths quickly, thats for sure. That ref is getting dangerously close to going full retard.

November 20, 2009 at 8:28 AM | Registered CommenterGranNy

Why is there no electronic system set up so that when the puck crosses the goal line, the red light comes on, horn goes off, and the clock stops. This is 2009, it shouldn't be that hard to stick a chip in the puck and a sensor in the ice.

November 20, 2009 at 8:36 AM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

and where the pucks are frozen imagine the efficiency that chip would get.

November 20, 2009 at 8:44 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Its an embarrassment to the league, the officials, the sport and everyone who plays it.

This is concrete proof that the Toronto video review is a farce, about who the league wants to win instead of the legitimacy of goals.

November 20, 2009 at 10:06 PM | Registered CommenterDroc

Absolutely pathetic !!

And the ref's reasoning is that he "blew" the whistle and that the play was dead? WTF??? The goal was scored on the shot, so the only way the play could have been dead is if he had blown the whistle when the shot was taken with the freaking puck in play. There was no penalty, no puck touched with a high stick and no hand pass.

The only thing blown here was the call, the war room not correcting the call and the league not doing anything about it. The league's stance on this will be the usual "no comment" or "we support the referee's decision" and "our referees never make any mistakes, they are infallible"

Just once I'd like to see the league make a public apology and admit that one of their refs screwed up big time and cost a team a win. Imagine if this had been an overtime game in the Stanley Cup finals. Oh yeah! They blew a call back in 1999 in the Dallas-Buffalo finals, ignored it and made up some lame BS interpretation.

If they would just come out and admit and apologize when a ref screwed up, they would gain more respect and credibility as a league. Instead they choose to go full retard and fine a coach if he dares to point out that ref blew a call and cost his team. They end up looking like total jackasses in the process. I know this, you know this, hell I think even Milbury, Strachan and Kypreos know this.

Fine the referee $10k when they screw up and announce it the same way you announce a coach being fined. Willit eliminate all
mistakes? No, but at least this way, you're telling the fans that you are doing something and holding the referees accountable.

November 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM | Registered CommenterHomer