Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Trade Ruutu ...

I have to agree with Mayor McCheese on this one ... Ruutu has got to go ...

Even if he is not doing something that would legitimately be a penalty, when you couple that with our alleged chirping at the refs too much ... we're not getting the power play chances we should. We got Kovalev just for mastery on shoot-out and power play brilliance, and we're not gettin' any ... we need to make the changes to get that back.

Ruutu's getting penalties just because of who he is ... a shaat disturber. His stick doesn't even have to be into the mid-section and he's called. He starts jawing with someone after a play and he'll end up in the box, and the refs will look to see whether or not the other guy did anything. He does that stupid over-acting pratt-fall stuff that just insults everyone's intelligence ... no wonder the refs just penalize him without really considering it fully.

Can Clouston et al ask him to just knock it off? No, because that's how he plays his game. Even if he did, the refs wouldn't believe him ... they'd just watch him that much more ...

When he first came, I liked him. I thought we needed that grittiness ... I loved that fight with Darcy Tucker when Ruutu was with Pittsburgh. I still don't own a lettered jersey (I own two sans nameplate) and I was seriously considering adding Ruutu as my first - not anymore.

We can stop chirping and give the refs some more space ... increase the respect level a bit. We still then have Ruutu chained to our ankle and we're losing power play time ...

Murray wants to get another player? Trade Ruutu for it ...

November 15, 2009 at 1:25 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I like it.

Someone please dear god! Get us a competant defensman!!

November 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Trade ANYBODY, Murray! These players seem to think they have it safe here. Bottom line is if you are not producing or if you are hurting our team you are GONE! A trade would serve as a wake up call.

Why didn't the Sens sign Madden?! Instead we blew 5M on Kova-tard

November 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM | Registered CommenterTank Dawg

We might as well keep Kovatard and use him on the PP. He is continues to be of little value, trade him near the deadline to some crazy GM.

I still (perhaps blindly) feel that Kovalev and Ruttu will be good to have in the playoffs -- but can we even get there? :(

November 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron

I said Ruttu was a mistake last year and finally the congregation has seen the light.

November 17, 2009 at 6:11 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

and the light was good

November 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron