Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Devils/Sens

too many passengers on the tram right now. not like earlier in the season when everyone was contributing. the team is being carried by about 3 or 4 guys right now.

November 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

just gonna have the devils bottle neck for the rest of the game with very few chances for us

November 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM | Registered CommenterPhlax

sure, they see everything the sens do but alfies gets cut and no one sees it.

November 7, 2009 at 9:32 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

gert u called it he's turned into a wall now

November 7, 2009 at 9:32 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

sens have a good first period for once... then they decide to take the next two off. seriously.

November 7, 2009 at 9:36 PM | Registered CommenterPhlax

This is a big red alarm if im Clouston. They got 2 goals and completely quit playing. That is not good.

November 7, 2009 at 9:36 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

i think I've invented new swear words tonight.

November 7, 2009 at 9:36 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

BALL SWEAT!

November 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I really don't think they quit playing they took a bunch of terrible penalties ruutu neil etc. can pin this loss on themselves

November 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

why is a hockey game not like a woman

because in a hockey game you should try your hardest to stay out of the box

November 7, 2009 at 9:39 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

I would do a bag skate tomorrow. That was a pathetic piece of crap effort! Losers!

November 7, 2009 at 9:39 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

i have NEVER seen anyone as useless as kovertard. I am totally leaving kelly alone now. At least he's a good pen killer.

November 7, 2009 at 9:39 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

every single goal on the pp for the devils..... sens cant deny theres a penalty issue any more

November 7, 2009 at 9:40 PM | Registered CommenterPhlax

but Russell u should see Kovatard in practice he does stuff the other players have never seen before.

November 7, 2009 at 9:42 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

i gotta go throw something. see ya.

November 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Yeah too bad he's absolutely useless in games. And it's not just the lack of offense from him. It's thing like, taking the puck straight into a group of 4 opposing player, or his apparent complete disinterest in winning or competing at a high level. Right now, that signing looks like a complete disaster for Murray. He literally does nothing out there.

November 7, 2009 at 9:58 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

not only this totally disappointing loss tonite but Kovatard and Cheechoo are both signed thru next year at 8.5 or so combined.

Also the freaking Leafs are now on a roll they just killed the Wings tonite any other good news for Sens fans?

November 7, 2009 at 10:11 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Kovalev is seriously the worst player on the team.
Just got back from the game and I honestly think we need to get rid of Kovalev, Cheechoo, and Ruutu....Even Leclair.
Im to the point where Leclair is not the savior he was thought to be.

Cheechoo may not suck, but he has no place on this team and is wasted talent on this team.

Lee needs to grow a pair, the guy wont hit. Cluston needs to get his act togher, pairing Philips with Lee is just poor coaching.

November 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM | Registered CommenterDroc

You cannot possible want to get rid of Leclaire dude.

The guy had a bad game, but he is a great goaltender, and he's only played 8 games after being injured for the last calendar year. Without him this team does not have a near future. Can you imagine Gerber in net tonight? Every decent save Leclaire made tonight would have beaten Gerber.

Let's take a deep breath.

November 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Leclaire was put into bad situations those damn penalties cost the team and him, he's not the problem

Fluery tonite was beaten by Sharks for 3 quick goals and pulled by Pens should they dump him?
Of course not sometimes it's the way the team in front of you plays and taking stupid a** penalties kills teams

November 8, 2009 at 12:24 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Another thing i like about Leclaire was evident in the post game interview. He fully took responsibility for the stinker and stressed that things like that happen and they need to bounce back.

One thing you can always say for Leclaire, he never lack self confidence, and he seems to demonstrate a kind of swagger that's fantastic to see. The big story tonight were the penalties.

November 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Im to the point where Leclair is not the savior he was thought to be.

so i remember hearing on the podcast how we WEREN'T hard on goalies

as a fanbase we've been hard on karlsson and he's now in Bingo (that's the right decision) - are we REALLY going to go after Leclaire when we are playing 12 or 14 minutes a game shorthanded?

we were lucky to beat Florida considering we had all those penalties, we got our arses kicked by tampa partly because of penalty trouble, we were even more lucky to beat Tampa on Thursday and we got what we deserved tonight - we can't keep taking penalty aftewr penalty, we lose momentum and we waste valuable minutes for players like Alfie and Michalek because we can't play them 5 on 5 because they have been on the PK time and time again

Lecalire is a million miles away from being an issue on this team.

Like Gert says - take a deep breath, then take a couple more.

November 8, 2009 at 12:44 AM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

I'm not jumping to the blame the goalie scene that we do in Ottawa usually, I'm just saying I haven't had that "OMG" moment for Leclair yet.

I have not been blown away by him yet. That feeling you gen when you see a performance like Pavelec put on the other night. I had those moments with Auld, Gerber and even Elliot. I have not with Leclair yet.

On the plus side, Philips has been excellent this year so far. Last 2 season I was really sick of his lack of effort, but he seems much more athletic this season and is really working hard.

November 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM | Registered CommenterDroc

You may say that you aren't jumping on the blame the goalie bandwagon but you did say that we should get rid off him. I would say that not only are you jumping on the bandwagon - you're offering to drive it.

To think that he was going to come in and be the saviour was unrealistic, bad teams are better with a good goalie but they don't become a great team overnight, no matter how much we want them too. A great goalie is only a piece of the answer for a great team, when was the last time the best goalie in the league got a Stanley Cup ring? How many rings does Luongo have, or Ryan Miller or Nabokov - they are all great goalies. How many does Chris Osgood have? Presumably none because he isn't great. Martin Gerber has a cup ring doesn't he?

To suggest that the problems of this team are in any way down to Leclaire isn't just unrealistic, it's moronic. Lecalire has not been the reason we have lost any games, in fact in most of the games that he has played for Ottawa so far there have been stretches where he has kept us in the game, I know I'm not scared every time there is a scramble around the net or a guy breaking in down the wing anymore.

If you keep taking penalties and keep allowing booming shots from the point you are going to let goals in - no goalie can stop everything - all we can really ask is that he stops the ones he is meant to and every so often he stops the ones he isn't meant to. Sure Leclaire hasn't stolen a game for us yet, but I think that will come. So far there has been maybe one truly "air out of the arena" goal that Leclaire has let in and that was last night. I think we can give him 1 or 2 bad goals every dozen games or so. It sure has hell beats the 1 bad goal in every dozen shots or so that we were getting used to.

November 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Caught the interview with Karlsson at the first intermission ... worried me a bit. When Dean asked him what he thought of how the young defenseman played his first nine games in the NHL, Karlsson replied " I don't think I played badly ..."

... ummmm ... kiddo, you didn't play well ... hence your current address.

Hope he learns from the experience and gets the last few pieces in place in Bingo ...

November 8, 2009 at 10:01 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck