Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Fan appreciation. Podcast rocks!

(I sent this as an email, but feel it also deserves a post in the forum so other fans can chime in)

Dear Sens Underground,

I have been meaning to send this email since Wednesday after the "episode that wasn't" (so to speak). I've been following your podcast for the last few years and in particular have been really excited with this new season. I have watched all of your live video streams as well and have enjoyed them - and find myself listening again to the audio podcast the next day as well.

I know you were very disappointed with how last week went, and it was very evident on your faces and expressions that evening. I can't blame you for the frustrations, especially given all the extra preparation and efforts you've done -- not to mention the awesome interview with Ray Ferraro.

Keep your spirits and chins up -- you guys do an awesome show and the entertainment value has been ever increasing this year!

Sticking to a weekly Wednesday podcast this weekend is awesome. I look forward to it every week. I found last season difficult never knowing when a new recording would be available and my following was sporadic. This season I feel like I'm up to speed with all the analysis, jokes, and weekly topics. Great job

The ustream video has been a lot of fun. Whether or not you stick with it (I hope you do!), it has been highly entertaining and it really enhances the experience. Having now seen some of the video antics - I have a better appreciation for what I've listened to in past seasons. Great work!

The game-night live show was a neat concept. Too bad it all had to fail at once. It was interesting to experience it with the Sens Underground, but I too must admit that I wasn't sure if I was more interested in listening to the real game or listening to you guys -- and ending up not fully engaging in either. Also it was distracting as a lot of ustream viewers would tune in and wonder why you weren't showing the game fully :) I liked the concept though... neat idea. Wish it had worked out for you better. Perhaps you should dedicate one Saturday evening to do a Sens Underground play-by-play alternative whenever Bob Cole is slated (upcoming Sens @ Leafs HNIC game?) lol

Your podcast is all about entertainment to the fans, and you've been delivering. This season you've been OVER delivering and thanks for all the hard work. The chat room interaction is a blast - I'm sure it must be distracting for you guys, but you handle it well. I heard you formerly describe the podcast as a group of guys around the table having a beer and talking hockey. Well, with everything you are doing this year, we the fans feel like we're now there at that table and having that beer with you. Thanks for the great entertainment... whatever methods you choose to keep or drop I'll always be a fan.

November 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron

I don't get to see the video stream due to time zone issues but everything you said is right on the money! It's great having a weekly podcast and the entertainment is high level and really funny and informative! I'm hooked. I've been listening for three seasons and it just keeps getting better! The hockey info is great and the guests are great and the vagina is great!
Dan

November 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM | Registered CommenterDanhl

wow, that was unexpected and very much appreciated. we were very bummed out after last week's debacle but that certainly made us feel better. thanks guys.

and knock it off with that word.

November 2, 2009 at 5:54 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

> "Sticking to a weekly Wednesday podcast this weekend is awesome"

D'oh... that should have read "Sticking to a weekly Wednesday podcast this SEASON is awesome"

November 2, 2009 at 8:20 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Sorry about that Russell, I couldn't resist. I think eventually you're going to have to realize that if you can't beat 'em scro tum.
Your huge fan (unfortunately not 14", though big fan of cheese)
Dan

November 3, 2009 at 4:48 PM | Registered CommenterDanhl