Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Names on Stanley

I'm a foreigner - you might have noticed.

So forgive me for asking what might be something burned into your collective psyche at birth - which players get their name on the Stanley Cup? Is it any player that played for the team during the season or just the playoffs? Is there a minimum number of games you have to play? What happens if you get traded from a team at the deadline and your old team goes on to win the cup?

Cheers

October 28, 2009 at 6:36 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

I believe you must play at least one game in the final series to get your name on the cup.

October 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

ahhhhhhhhh wikipedia, is there nothing you do not know

Currently, in order to have one's name inscribed on the Cup, a player must have played at least 41 games for the championship team during the regular season (provided the player remains with the team when they win the Cup) or at least played in one game of the Final.

October 28, 2009 at 7:18 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Jiri Slegr, remember him.....well he was acquired by the wings at the trade deadline in 02. He played only 8 regular season games, didnt dress for the first 3 rounds of the playoffs but played in game 5 of the final because Jiri Fischer got a one-game suspension. His name is on the cup because of that game.

talk about lucky

October 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

You are correct. I forgot that they added the 41 game clause a few years back. Well ok. Maybe more than a few years back. Maybe a number of years back.

October 28, 2009 at 7:53 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

seems kinda dumb that you can play a playoff game but not a Finals game and not get your name on the Cup....

November 1, 2009 at 9:51 AM | Registered Commentersensfanleeman