Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Predators at Senators

I was at the game last night and I have to say that Jason Spezza was largely responsible for dragging the Sens back into the game. While he didn't score, and there were a couple of daggels, he was flying. (even though he was hurting and had to stretch during every commercial break.) Every time he headed up the ice you had the feeling something might happen and he was back checking like crazy. And you could see by the way his team mates were congratulating him when the Sens scored or he finished a shift, they saw how well he was playing. I think he has become one of the leaders of the team and is close to becoming the elite player some of us feel he is capable of being.

However, Karlson and Picard were another story. I hope Kuba is back soon and, at the risk of starting another argument amongst our hosts, Karlson is not ready for the NHL. He was lost out there last night. I believe that the Sens will soon make the decision to sit him down or send him back to Sweden for the year. I think Lee is better option right now. I believe Karlson will become a good player in a couple of years but at the moment, I don't see that he is improving and he is a liability out there most nights.

And lastly, I would love to know what Neil said the refs when he left the box after Nashville scored in over time. It was obvious they were not amused.

October 23, 2009 at 10:58 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

dammit! if only we knew someone who worked in the penalty box!

if they move karlson out, i don't think it will be back to sweden. he needs to learn the NA game on the small ice so it would likely be to Bingo, IF he gets sent anywhere.

October 23, 2009 at 12:58 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

oh! and,

if he did say something to the refs i bet it was something like, " %$#*^!!@#$#@$^%^&^&(*$@&^(*^!!, Mcreary!!!"

October 23, 2009 at 1:00 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Just read that an NHL record was set last night - 8 goals scored by defensemen in a single game (the previous was 7 scored in 1992).

Good for Volchie, Phillips & Camper ... hell, good for Weber & Suter too ...

Nice for them to be a part of history ...

October 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I still haven't watched the game... had Ball Hockey last night. But I did tape it... will watch it this weekend.

I'd watch it tonight but I'm too busy playing with my NEW 27" iMac!!!!!!

October 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

Just fast forward to the 3rd Period nothing good happens for the Senators till then

October 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I'd watch it tonight but I'm too busy playing with my NEW 27" iMac!!!!!!

[jealous mode] OMG you've got one! I bought a 24" last spring and I'm angry with myself for not waiting. It has some extra functions I really like. And of course, the bigger the better! How is the Magic Mouse? I hear mixed sentiments. [/jealous mode]

October 24, 2009 at 5:02 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

hey hey!!!! this isn't the geek thread. take it outside, you two.

October 24, 2009 at 11:20 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell