Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Cap Math for 10/11

I know it's early, but the questions about Carkner's signing got me looking at nhlnumbers.com.
Sens have $45 million tied up for the 10/11 season. Free agents:
Volchenkov
Campoli
Lee
Picard
Foligno
Donovan
Regin
Shannon

I think it becomes obvious why the Sens wanted to lockup a decent blueliner at a cheap salary. They will be balls to the cap for sure if they want to try keeping these guys.

October 22, 2009 at 1:28 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

We absolutely need to sign Volchenkov. But other than that, no one on that list really makes me want to give them a deal. Maybe Foligno....or Regin if he impresses this season. Volch will probably get what Phillips is making.

I don't know what's been going on with Shannon this year. I guess he's been injured, but he's done nothing for me so far. As for Lee, if you get beat out of a roster spot by Carkner, i think that's it for him. He's not making this team barring something miraculous. Most of those guys strike me as either 4th liners, or 5/6 defencemen. You can find them anywhere.

October 22, 2009 at 6:29 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

gert with the raises Murray has given marginal players like Kuba Neil Kelly etc I wished to hell u had been the GM and got rid
of some of the guys u can find anywhere.

October 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

You think Volchenkov would only sign for $300,000 more than he's making this year? I could see a real bidding war and him landing at least $4mil.

Letting the other guys walk is fine, but then the Sens are left trying to fill several holes without much cap room. There are some possible callups at forward, but on D the system is still pretty empty.

NHL Numbers updated the site. Sens are closer to $49 mil for next season. Say $4 mil for A-Train. Cap is $60 mil. That leaves $7 mil to fill 6 slots.

October 23, 2009 at 12:48 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut