Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sens October Schedule

I'm glad that the Sens got their season off to a good start, but they do have a nice schedule in October.

Our two losses were against the Rangers and Penguins, the two top teams in the east.

Four of our wins are against teams currently out of the playoffs. The other win was against Atlanta.

Coming up tomorrow we have Nashville, another team we should beat easily,
Saturday we have the struggling Bruins minus Savard and Lucic. We should win that one, unless Thomas stones us once again.
Next week to close out the month, we are in Florida and Tampa, two more non playoff teams.
Then on the 31st we face Atlanta.

So we should get at least 8 points in the next 5 games.

So in our 12 games in October, only four teams were/are in a playoff position.

Hopefully, this is a good thing. An easy early schedule, to work out the problems. Sadly our power play has been non-existent so far, lets hope they get that resolved soon.

In November we have 12 games, which should be tougher.

They include the following 9 games
Devils 2 times, Oilers, Flyers, Rangers, Penguins, Sabers, Caps, Blue Jackets. All current;y in playoff positions.

The 3 against currently non-playoff teams are
Tampa, Toronto, Boston (should still be without Savard and Lucic)

So far they are winning the games that they are supposed to win. I also like their work ethic so far. Lets hope they can keep it going and take it up a notch in November against tougher opponents.

October 21, 2009 at 8:20 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Yep, as long as they keep beating the teams they're supposed to and are competitive against the upper-echelon teams, I think most fans will be happy.

This team still has some gelling to do and they definitely aren't as good as they could be. I don't think we'll be able to keep up with the Pens, Caps and other high-flying teams for a while yet (although I do think they have the potential to do so...I'm just not convinced they'll realize that potential). Bottom line, if they make it through November with a solid record, they should be in good shape.

October 21, 2009 at 11:47 PM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

nothing like starting off with some scrubs to work the kinks out against. it's a good break, one I'm sure they are happen to take.

October 22, 2009 at 12:00 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I've seen this show way too many times for all the teams I've followed for years, as soon as you start thinking you have easy
wins over anyone unless you're talking about College Football you will get freaking burned. Then when one of those crappy
teams turns it up and beats your team you are pissed. So it may be nice to look ahead and think you have easy wins but just
remember this is the same team that didn't make the playoffs last year so nothing is a given. The only given is that the Leafs suck.

October 22, 2009 at 12:52 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

We should win that one, unless Thomas stones us once again.

Well we have a goalie now. LeClaire will do some stonewalling for us

October 22, 2009 at 6:28 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru