Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Last of Muckler's garbage is GONE

Ilya Zubov has been loaned to the KHL. Today's news, however minor, clearly shows the new direction of this organization. Zubov cut outright, Carkner signs for 2 years.

We're going to run out of people to complain about in Bingo.

October 20, 2009 at 3:36 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Beautiful. You know, back when we were in the cup finals in '07, i was completely oblivious to how badly John Muckler screwed this team. I had no idea about the poor prospects in Bingo, and how utterly bleak the next 2 years would be. It seems to be getting better now though.

October 20, 2009 at 6:42 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

The worst thing is most Sens fans don't realize it was Muckler that screwed the team. I've seen posts chirping Murray for letting Chara walk, signing Gerber, and even letting in soft goals from shots by Joe Neuwendyk!

Brian Murray is an excellent GM who has so far done an excellent job. And we should never forget that he was the one who put together that Anaheim team that ran over the Sens. Bagpipes got lucky, Nierdermayer wanted to play with his brother and Pronger's wife wanted out of Edmoton.

I have a lot of faith in Brian Murray and his Senators.

October 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

I was never a big Murray fan, but the recent events of Brian Burke has shown me that it could be much, much worse.

October 21, 2009 at 11:09 PM | Registered CommenterDroc

Murray has had his share of bonehead moves, but Muckler gutted this organization. He had a fixed NHL roster with 17 skaters and everytime he tried getting that 18th guy he made another bad trade.

Worst of all, was Muckler's drafting and FA signing in Bingo. One of the reasons for his bad trades is that he had no prospects worth trading. His picks stunk and the guys he signed to fill out Bingo were awful. Carkner is proof of why it is vital to have solid FA signings at all levels.

October 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut