Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > LeClaire's New NicknameĀ ...

We've heard that Snoopy is out there ... don't know about that one, I guess he does kind of have the hang-dog look to him ...

LeClaire's dental work seems to be the first thing everybody notices, so ...

Russell proposed 'Jaws' a while ago on the forums ... I don't know about that one either, the dah-dum thing could be good, but it would sound like we're cheering on San Jose (and THAT just ain't gonna be happening ...).

I'm proposing 'Chops' ... my personal favorite is 'LeChops', but hey ...

Can't deny he's got em' ... whether it's playing ability or dental fortitude, the man's got chops ...

October 10, 2009 at 11:35 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Snoopy came from somewhere in his younger days, Dad forces him through guilt tripping to put Snoopy on every mask (look on the back, a goalie padded Snoopy is there).

Jaws isn't fun, least of all because you think of either Heatley and the Sharks or Toskala's mask. He looks more than anything like Sylar from Heroes, and can pick apart shooter's brains, being a reactionary goalie. That, and he's one of the few goalies to be relaxed and easygoing, especially with media (some of the interviews after the trade were GREAT).

October 10, 2009 at 2:16 PM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

I like Snoopy, call me lame, but it's simple and has a good story behind it.

October 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM | Registered CommenterGranNy

With that crazy overbite of his, I think the best name for him is Bart Simpson :)

October 19, 2009 at 10:36 PM | Registered Commenterfat bastard

Lechops is pretty good. What about Choclaire for the sweet save?

October 20, 2009 at 9:51 AM | Registered CommenterHwydog

Anyone read this...?
Take a moment to read the comments too.

Guess some of the players can really use some new names, but I guess the writer is right by saying not all Ottawans? are good at giving nicknames. Let's give the SUN a bombardment with SU nicknames!

October 21, 2009 at 3:00 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

only one problem with his story. nicknames almost always come from the players themselves, team mates. so blaming the fans is way off base.

October 21, 2009 at 9:06 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Yeah, I already thought so. But I still like to see better nicknames, Spezz, Fish and Neiler are too obvious. Nothing bad about ALFIE though!!

October 22, 2009 at 6:25 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru