Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Atlanta vs. Ottawa tonite NO TV ANYWHERE!!!!!

How can a HOCKEY market not have any TV for it's game?

Can understand that Atlanta isn't showing the game a tractor pull or something has to be on SportsSouth.

But Ottawa is a hotbed of Hockey it's inexcusable to not have any TV.

Thanks Shredder for the update and how could Russell pick against the Senators tonite in the Citizen.
It just sucks that there is no TV.

October 10, 2009 at 10:18 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Because CBC owns the rights on Saturday night broadcasts in Canada and they're choosing not to do the game. Because no one cares about the Thrashers, they don't have TV coverage for their own team which means there's no feed for Centre Ice to use.

It has nothing to do with Ottawa.

October 10, 2009 at 10:24 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

espn360 (the euro version on gamecenter) has it listed as showing so there may be some streams out there.

October 10, 2009 at 11:27 AM | Registered CommenterDave Robinson

Shredder, what do you mean it has nothing to do with Ottawa? This game is being played in Ottawa. This is ridiculous! I sent e-mails to CBC and NHL Center Ice voicing my complaint. I wonder if NHL CI could force CBC to cover the game? Here are the links to CBC and NHL CI if anyone else wants to voice their opinion.

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

http://www.nhl.com/ice/feedback.htm

PS - Russell, I don't want to hear any more complaints about Americans since an NHL GAME IN FREAKIN' CANADA won't even be broadcast on TV! Who is the arsehole that did this?

PPS - LEAFS SUCK!

October 10, 2009 at 1:49 PM | Registered CommenterNYrunner

Jerry, it's not Ottawa's fault. CBC has the rights to broadcast all Canadian games on Saturday nights. It's CBC's fault for choosing not to broadcast the game. If Atlanta is not broadcasting the game either than there's no feed for NHL Center Ice to provide it's subscribers.

October 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

final word on the American thing...DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER!!!!!!

pointe finale!!!!

October 10, 2009 at 3:18 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

TRAILER PARK BOYS!!!

October 10, 2009 at 3:33 PM | Registered CommenterNYrunner

hey, the trailer park boys is a comedy. It's supposed to be funny. And what does a yank have to say about trailer parks? you invented them THEN put them right in the middle of tornado alley!

now, take a knee and catch your breath.

October 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

1. The Trailer park boys kick major ass
2. Dog the bounty hunter is as pointless of a show as anything
3. I just sent a e-mail voicing my displeasure, and filled it with words I definitley can't use on the forums. you suck CBC

C rappy
B roadcasting
C orporation

October 10, 2009 at 4:28 PM | Registered CommenterGranNy

Well that sucks scrottom!!! Since I have no game to watch tonight ... I might just drink my face off. Rockstar and vodka!!! Then TRACKSUITS!!!

I plan on getting to the unsteady point that i become a beligerant arsehole, well beyond my normal arseness. Once I reach that phase of drunkenness we can be sure that I will most likely expose my arse a few times to some very unsuspecting people! Muhahahaha!

Seriously! Who is the vagina running the show over there @ the CBC? Gonna drive over and punch the arse right in the scrottom!

October 10, 2009 at 5:56 PM | Registered CommenterStooLi

Okay, maybe the Trailer Park boys wasn't a good counter argument. Besides, I kind of like Bubbles.

CANADIAN IDOL!

October 10, 2009 at 6:13 PM | Registered CommenterNYrunner

Well you are in Ottawa StooLi, and standing room only 'seats' are just $30. Then again, tracksuits might be hard to come by. You could go protest at Melnyk's box.

October 10, 2009 at 6:15 PM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

I seriously considered making the 5 hour drive up to Ottawa this afternoon when I found out that the game was not going to be televised. Unfortunately, I have plans tomorrow and there is no way we would be able to make it back in time.

Stooli, get one less tattoo this week and use that money for a ticket to tonight's game.

October 10, 2009 at 6:21 PM | Registered CommenterNYrunner

It sounds so simple Jerry. But just think of how awsome it will be when I can't be told to put my shirt on cause there is no skin left to show! Eat me no shirt signs!

October 10, 2009 at 6:43 PM | Registered CommenterStooLi

i think this is the game when ottawa will pay bad for their mistakes.

October 10, 2009 at 7:03 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

No way!! I call a route by the Sens!!!

October 10, 2009 at 7:06 PM | Registered CommenterStooLi

i'm going to wait until tomorrow to get online and voice my displeasure with the CBC when i am not toasted....I mean frig...we pay those scrotum loving arses salaries.....now since i have buddies coming over tonight, i am going to have to watch the Toronto Maple Vaginas......hahahahahaha

October 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM | Registered Commenterzebek

AK27, finally gets one....

CBC sucks ass

October 10, 2009 at 7:12 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Kovalev! 1-0 Sens!!!

October 10, 2009 at 7:12 PM | Registered CommenterNYrunner

Ok, there's a chance im wrong :)

October 10, 2009 at 7:12 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Wow, another one?

October 10, 2009 at 7:15 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Ruutu makes it two

October 10, 2009 at 7:16 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Gord W just got upset about an icing call against the Sens. Not exactly the height of objective hockey journalism. Yeah. Just wanted to say something for my first post here. God bless you all.

October 10, 2009 at 7:24 PM | Registered CommenterSnubnose

So how does CBC have highlights from the freaking game if no one is showing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 10, 2009 at 7:29 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Elliot with a huge glove save! Boy I sure wish I could have seen it.

October 10, 2009 at 7:40 PM | Registered CommenterHomer