Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Ottawa @ New York Oct. 3/09

they should have fought earlier. might have given them some life.

October 3, 2009 at 9:43 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

oh well, i figure the first month will be an uneven affair until they get used to all the changes. not to worry.

night all.

October 3, 2009 at 9:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Didn't get to see any preseason. So much fun to watch them play. There are lots on new and interesting players on the team -- Regin, Carkner, Michalek, and Karlsson were all noticable, even if they were far from perfect. Kovalev and Cheechoo were basically invisible (as was Kelly... what a nothing player that guy is). I thought Spezza (one bad drop pass 1 minute in, but otherwise good work ethic), Alfredsson, and Fisher looked really good, if a bit out of sync. Neil, Ruutu, and Shannon looked solid as well. And, obviously, Leclaire was an absolute delight to watch play.

Two things were of concern. One was the lack of effort in the 3rd. We can only hope this was because they were lacking legs after 8 days off. I have faith that Clouston as a motivator can make these guys play 60, but the 3rd tonight was an embarrassment. The other was the power play. We all think we have the tools this year to be much better on the pp than last year, but that was PAINFUL. I really think this is a coaching issue, and hopefully it is addressable. The big WTF for me was they didn't even seem to have ny kind of gameplan for the pp. Are they trying to get traffic and shots from the point? Work it down low? Perfect passes circa 2005? I have no idea. They looked like a pee-wee team after one practice. They need a major MAJOR overhaul on their approach.

It was fun, and the team has the potential to come together and be competitive this year. But, honestly, after catching parts of other games tonight... this team is a long, long way away from being a league-wide threat.

October 4, 2009 at 5:36 AM | Registered Commenterpitlick