Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Predictions?

Not sure if this has been covered yet, it's my first time stopping by the forum in a while...I tried to make the most of the summer which is clearly over now!

So what do people think about the team? I for one am excited about the season but unsure exactly what type of team we have. We SHOULD have balanced scoring, we SHOULD have better goaltending and we SHOULD have a decent, although not stellar D. The thing that concerned me during the pre-season was that there didn't seem to be much chemistry on the top line. Alfie didn't look very strong and Spezza, although he looked fantastic, didn't seem comfortable with either of his wingers.

There's a lot of things that need to fall into place for this to be the kind of season us Sens fans are hoping for but I'm pretty psyched about it. I'm thinking that it will be an up and down first few months with Clouston rolling lines around looking for guys to come together. After that, if some chemistry develops, I can see this team tearing up the league.

A lot of "ifs" and "shoulds"...

September 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM | Registered CommenterHTSensNut

i think you pretty much nailed it.

September 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Yeah, it's that whole "on paper" syndrome again. Technically, we should have a stellar team with balanced scoring and great goaltending. But we've all seen how the "on paper" deal has worked out the last few years.

September 27, 2009 at 1:10 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

After Boston, I don't think anyone's got much of an idea how the north east is going to look in april.

September 29, 2009 at 1:52 PM | Registered CommenterManchICEter