Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Battle of the Blades - A New Low?

From The Sun... I'm not sure what to say about this except that I don't think I'll be picking up the DVD.

TORONTO -- The new ice dance pairs to watch are Bourne and Lemieux, Sale and Simpson and Hough-Sweeney and Domi.

The CBC has revealed the eight teams of figure skaters and ex-hockey heroes that will compete on reality series Battle of the Blades.

The pairings include Shae-Lynn Bourne and Claude Lemieux, Jamie Sale and Craig Simpson, and Barb Underhill with Ron Duguay. Others include Isabelle Brasseur with Glenn Anderson, Christine Hough-Sweeney with Tie Domi, and Kristina Lenko with Bob Probert.

"The reason that I signed up for this was so I could beat Tie Domi," declared Probert, who amassed 3,300 penalty minutes in his NHL career.

"Listen, I know I'm a way better figure skater than you," countered a confident Domi, the former Leafs enforcer.

Sale joked that Domi was just nervous "because he's the same size as me."

"There were some tumbles and falls but I was actually pretty impressed the first day out," Sale said of the hockey players' skating ability.

"They're totally and completely out of their element because the blades are different."

Domi admitted he'll be donning tights for the competition. He said he had to switch his skates following a bad spill.

"The start of a routine, I had to chase my partner right off the hop and I toe-picked and I almost crushed my face on the ice," said Domi.

The series, which kicks off Oct. 4, will be shot in front of an audience at Maple Leaf Gardens.

September 17, 2009 at 11:21 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

The start of a routine, I had to chase my partner right off the hop and I toe-picked and I almost crushed my face on the ice," said Domi.

... An improvement perhaps?
Wait, he said almost... damn!

September 17, 2009 at 12:05 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

wanna hear something funny?

toronto maple leafs offense

what a joke. . .

September 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM | Registered CommenterEric