Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > New Forum format issues

Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time with the new forum format. I can't see any topic subdivisions like in the old ones...just one long continuous open forum. Also too I have to keep logging on everytime I cme to the page.

Are you using vBulletin or phpBB for this or your own scripts?

September 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM | Registered Commenterfat bastard

FB,

yeah, it's not quite as good as the old one...yet! shredder can give you full details but apparently there will be improvements in the near future that will make it a bit more user friendly. hang in there!!!

September 16, 2009 at 6:45 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Hey fatty,

Sorry you're not a fan of the new forums. But I'll take that as a compliment since the previous website and forums was something I developed myself.

These current forums are powered by Squarespace... there's not much else I can do to make it better but apparently, they will be updating their forum service soon to include more common features typically found in forums. Although they've been saying that for almost a year now.

Hang in there...

September 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

I also don't like the forums.

No "notice of new post" thingy
No "sub-topic" areas
Always scrolling to the bottom to add a new topic... but the topic ends up being on the top anyway??????

I loved the setup of the old forums... these are so-so at best.

Is there anything we, the Undergrounders, can do to get squarespace to mix it up a little?

September 17, 2009 at 6:28 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

forum = crap

September 17, 2009 at 8:33 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

ha ha ha ha ha ha... I also hate that you can't get to a different page without going all the way to the bottom and pressing on a two (If I remember correctly there was one at the top and bottom in the previous format.)

September 17, 2009 at 10:43 AM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

yep
forums suck
want me to write a strongly worded letter?

September 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM | Registered CommenterEric