Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Hockey Pool

Is anyone running a fantasy hockey league and looking for participates?

September 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

we'll be running our's again but Mrs. Pigman is pool administrator and she has a cold right now so the world is on hold.

September 14, 2009 at 2:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Yours isn't a fantasy league though. Doesn't everyone just pick a bunch of players and swap them for other players at the all star break (Olympics this year).

September 14, 2009 at 3:00 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

it should be your fantasy just to be included in it, you bitch!!!

September 14, 2009 at 6:06 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

oooooooooooooooooooh burn!

September 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Really Russell? What is the prize this year? Some re-gifted Heatley T-Shirt or do you have more Emery crap to discard?

September 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Oooooooooh BETTER burn!

September 14, 2009 at 10:19 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Both! and you can kiss it goodbye!

September 14, 2009 at 11:22 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

How about a group at this one: Sportsnet Hockey Pick'em I'll make a group for the underground and it might work as well. It involves a little bit more interaction (pick every week, or not) and is a little bit more one sided, since only scoring and shutouts count. Don't want to be competition for the own pool here, but I've joined it for a couple of years now, and I liked it.
They also have a special version for the playoffs; new picks, slightly different rules.

Oh and by the way, even Systine might be able to win a prize here (if he's resided in North America I guess).

September 15, 2009 at 2:15 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Okay, I saw that the page is not totally ready yet, but will be soon I guess. I just entered this year in last years URL and there is some info, but you can't join jet.

September 15, 2009 at 2:18 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Prizes will be wedding gifts they didn't like.

September 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

...and couldn't sell on eBay

September 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Okay, back on topic. That SportsNet thing is a little better but it isn't a fantasy league.

September 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

I've done the one at Yahoo sports a few times but I always end up losing because I forget about it a few weeks, but maybe that was because I didn't know the other guys at all, which made it less fun. In the end I only came back to use the excellent stats function, to use the stats at SportsNet. But it has a draft and everything. Maybe with a bunch of Undergrounders it could be good fun. Let me know, if enough people want it, I'll create a league!

September 15, 2009 at 3:09 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

we do one at work where you pick one player from each NHL team (4 goalies, 6 dmen and 20 forwards) no replacing injured, suspended or dead players and points for wins and shutouts for the goalies and goals and assists and GWG for skaters

thanks to me being the only person in the league not to pick Martin Brodeur I won it last year and have spent much of the off season mocking my Canadian chums over their lack of hockey knowledge and asking them how embarrassed there are toi let a foreign upstart waltz in and walk off with the cash

as you can imagine this has endeared me to them no end, in fact I haven't had an invite to play this year

savages AND wankers

September 15, 2009 at 3:32 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle