Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sharkbait

Just so everyone knows i mean business. Dany Heatley....i hope you have a season ending injury you prick!

September 12, 2009 at 11:47 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

go gert!

September 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

i am glad that its finally over, there is only 1 thing that I don't get.
Heatley doesn't think he did anything wrong asking for a trade and lets be honest here his complaining of ice time and being on the 2nd power play isn't the reason why he wanted out. I guess we will never know what really sparked the trade.

By the way, any suggestions what to do with a heatley jersey?
( I knew I should have purchased an Alfie jersey) D'oh

September 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

Hey, didn't Heatley say a few weeks ago that once he was traded the "truth" would come out?

Can't wait to hear what further nonsense he'll come up with to justify this whole mess.

Glad it's over, though. The players the Sens got back are less important than getting him out of the locker room.

September 13, 2009 at 11:21 AM | Registered CommenterRuaidhri

I agree. He had to be traded even if all we got back were one of those sprinkled doughnuts.

September 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I don't agree... 'cause this means Heatley won. After everything he put this club and their fans through, he got what he always wanted!!

I would have rather see him suffer the wrath of Sens fans for a few games and wait for a better deal to come. I know the Sens wanted to avoid a circus show but at the end of the day, Murray caved.

Murray said after meeting with him and seeing the look in his eye, he knew there was no way he could keep him here. Then maybe he should have met with him a little earlier in the summer to make that determination. Murray held out for the summer... but really, he should of held out until he got an offer he was happy with... even if it meant waiting until the middle of the season. Instead, Murray caved. Heatley would have performed, it's in his best interest to play well before the Olympics. The fans would have made it really hard for him which IMO, would have given Murray more leverage. Heatley would have been so unhappy that maybe, he would have accepted a trade to another team just to get the hell out of dodge. Later in the season, teams will have had a chance to evaluate their teams a little more which could have meant a greater demand for Heatley.

Murray caved... and you know that because he traded for a guy he was adamant he didn't want right from the start. Maybe Cheechoo will be alright but he's not what this team needed.

September 13, 2009 at 12:12 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

mmmmmmmmm doughnuts

September 13, 2009 at 12:47 PM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

I agree with Shredder in one way, I'm pissed that in the end Heatley got what he wanted and Murray caved.

On the other hand the way the last two seasons went, the last thing the Sens needed was another soap opera atmosphere in the dressing room during the season. From game one, everyone has to be on the same page. Hopefully on the top of that page is that on December 1st in San Jose, Heatley is to be knocked down hard on his ass or against the boards on every shift.

In Heatley's departure interview he alluded that there were some personal things that also factored into him wanted to be traded. I never really believed that it was solely on his reduced ice time. In Don Brennan's article today, he makes reference to rumors of what these personal things are. Anyone have any inside information? Sex, drugs, gambling?

When I think of Heatley, this songs come to my mind. Maybe someone at the Underground or a creative listener can make a Heatley "tribute" with updated lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFs10uopbrY

September 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

This summer had been so messed ... we gained quite a few good things for the new season (LeClaire, Kovalev, etc.) a few question marks (our newly inherited ex-Sharks), and one great big whopping negative #15 hanging over us the whole summer ...

We all needed it over with, the team needed it over with ... wish it had been sooner, but no matter now ...

Shredder, I believe you were the one earlier this summer talking about how you just wanted to feel positive about the new season - get pumped about the new pieces we have and forget all about Dany Frackin' Heatley ... well, here's our chance. We've had some crappy disappointing seasons the past few years and the entire organization has been painted with the 'bad place to play' reputation because of the dysfunctional locker room. McGrattan's gone, Emery's gone, Heatley's gone ... at least the team we have left has a chance ...

Making Heatley suffer in front of the Ottawa fans would have only bolstered that reputation and done the team no favours in the long run ... we need to play hard and show the league that the dog days are past and we're back in the game to win ... as a team. Then we'll get better trades, offers etc because people will want to come and stay here ...

Salvaging the reputation of the Senators as a functioning cohesive unit will pay dividends down the road ... taking the short-term loss to send Dany packing amicably is just part of the cost ...

September 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

well said, Duck. Shredder, i can understand how you feel. We all hate that heatley got his way but the only thing worse than a trade you don't like, in this case, was no trade at all. it's the best of a bad situation. this team needs to put the last two seasons behind it.

September 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Yeah I know. I realize it had to be done... I guess I'm just a vengeful guy. With all the grief this guy has caused, I would have liked to see him suffer a little. Our team took a hit because of this schmuck... and he ends up getting exactly what he wanted.

September 13, 2009 at 8:33 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

I do have some Voodoo Dolls up for sale.
I'll give em to you for a sweet price Shredder... 15% off.

September 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Deal!!!!

September 13, 2009 at 8:50 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

At least there's one city that will boo him relentlessly this year (hopefully more than one!).

September 13, 2009 at 8:57 PM | Registered CommenterRacinette

What surprised me the most, was that we had to give in a 5th rounder too? What the heck, wasn't Mr. Heatley alone not enough? Was that the freakin' breakpoint? Was that why the couldn't be done all those weeks? Come on! Without the little mentioned 5th, everyone already thinks we lost the deal (quality wise). This will be very sour when that exact pick will become the next Alfie... (ok now I'm exaggerating a bit, the chance of that happening...) But we lost the pest and that's a good thing!

September 14, 2009 at 2:22 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Good deal for both teams. Now the Sens can afford to demote one of the minor-leaguers that were playing with the big club all last year back to Bingo (i.e. Chris Kelly).

September 14, 2009 at 1:36 PM | Registered CommenterDoomDahDoomDoom

Now that we got rid of heatley, here is a nice parody

the Heatley Commercial

September 18, 2009 at 7:36 PM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

winchester is the only one there i keep.

September 18, 2009 at 10:07 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell