Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Heatley Hides Again

According to an article in the Sun, Heatley won't attend hockey summit to provide his testimony to the importance of minor hockey in his personal and professional development.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/08/07/10395156.html

What the hell could he have said? "Professional development" is something that Heatley is lacking and certainly should not be a role model for kids in minor hockey. The guy hasn't said a word since his request for a trade, he won't return calls from his teammates and not even his captain.

The orientation camp for Team Canada’s 2010 Olympic team begins on Aug. 24. I hope he decides to skip that too. I want players with honor and integrity to represent Canada. This summer Heatley has shown that he has none.

I liked Neil quote from earlier this week "If he doesn't want to be here, then don't bother showing up. I've said that from Day 1" We don't need another season of problems in the dressing room.

Hopefully Murray can work out this deal with San Jose and Montreal. Other than Cheechoo and Erhoff, does anyone know what other players might be involved.

San Jose is right up against the cap and only have nine forwards signed. Ten if you count rookie and ex 67's Jamie McGinn.

August 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

From what I've seen the Senators want nothing to do with Cheechoo and don't blame them, he can't stay healthy and has had
multiple groin injuries. That more than anything has contributed to his poor play of the last couple years.
San Jose fans can't wait till Erhoff is out of town especially because his shot from the point NEVER is on the goal.

August 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln