Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > bruins trade for eaves then waive him

tsn story

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=285581

this is likely for cap room for the bruins but should we get him back? i think he's do for a comeback season

July 24, 2009 at 6:29 PM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

i know Murray liked Eaves, but the last thing we need is another 3rd/4th liner

July 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

God no. leave the past failures in the past! this team needs a new identity, not the old, small, soft, fragile one.

now, if Charelli is making cap space for, say, a high scoring winger......i know, but it's nice to dream.

July 24, 2009 at 8:05 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Russell's right about the soft fragile part even if my first thought was to take him back since it won't cost much.

They really need a new identity and he's not it.

July 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

When was the last time the Senators had a prospect that panned out? Elliott and Foligno are probably the best, but the drafting and development in this organization was horrific during the Muckler years. Yes, there were some high picks as a result of some tough seasons, but there were a lot of big names taken late in the draft 2001 and earlier and some horrible picks taken in first rounds after 2001.
Draft history

July 26, 2009 at 7:35 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

not very impressive when you look at it as a group, is it. i still have high hopes for Steven Flomenhoft????????????????

July 26, 2009 at 8:12 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Signed one year $500,000 with Detroit.
Headed for Grand Rapids with Andy Delmore perhaps

August 5, 2009 at 12:21 AM | Registered CommenterCooper

Mathieu Chouinard, so good they drafted him twice

August 5, 2009 at 2:18 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

For $500,000 Ottawa should have signed him.

August 5, 2009 at 6:45 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Agree for 500K they should have does anyone remember that he once scored 20 goals for Senators?

August 6, 2009 at 1:57 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln