Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Joe Sakic retires

I always liked Joe Sakic. Many years ago, there were talks of trading Sakic to Ottawa for Alexander Daigle. Quebec liked the idea of a french Canadian star. Oh what might have been.

July 9, 2009 at 8:48 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Avs now have the cap space for Heatley.

July 9, 2009 at 10:43 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Heatley would definitely be THE man in Colorado and would be the centrepiece of their team but is that enough to make Heatley waive his NMC should the Avalanche come in with an offer?

Also what does Colorado have that we would want, I can't see them offering up Matt Duchene, who is now their most prized asset because they could have offered that two weeks ago at the draft and didn't (as far as i know)

Maybe Hejduk, Stewart and Liles? Is that comparable to Cogliano, Penner and Smid - even if it is, we don't have the cap space for that move unless we lose two of Smith, Kelly and Schubert. Let's go for a 7 player blockbuster!!

July 9, 2009 at 1:21 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

Colorado has the most important things to offer in return! No more Heately and $7 mil cap space. Throw in a couple picks and prospects then get it done!

July 9, 2009 at 4:23 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

... whoa, whoa ... they lose an awesome character player in Joe who hardly ever put himself first ...

... and get Mr. it's all about me Heatley?? What in the blue faming hell did Colorado ever do to anybody???

I want to clear Heaters contract as bad as everyone else, but that one really sucks for Colorado ... karma-wise ...

July 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Tucker

July 10, 2009 at 12:08 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

BAN PUCKNUT !

July 11, 2009 at 10:52 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

(hitting pucknut on the nose with a rolled up newspaper) NO!!! NO!!! BAD DOG!!!

July 11, 2009 at 11:30 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Im going to try and forget i heard that!

July 12, 2009 at 12:36 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Sorry guys, I think you misinterpreted. My comment was a response to this question from Puddleduck:

"... and get Mr. it's all about me Heatley?? What in the blue faming hell did Colorado ever do to anybody???"

July 12, 2009 at 8:34 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Thanks, pucknut... aaah, that would be what they did, then ...

... karma's a bitch ...

July 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck