Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Columbus rumor for Heatley

What do you guys think of the young Russian Filatov, Brassard a young center who I can't really believe the Jackets would
move and Huselius who is a classic soft hockey player who scores somewhat but gets paid quite a bit for his production.
Nash is supposedly pushing for Heatley since they play on Team Canada together.
This is better than the Edmonton offer Filatov and Brassard have promise and Huselius is in so Columbus can clear cap space.

Who the hell really knows I'm with thegertkenator just get it the hell over with.

July 6, 2009 at 9:32 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

After the rumor rollercoaster leading up to the deadline, I'm not going to get my hopes up until I see a deal is done.

That being said, if those 3 are the ones coming back make the deal immediately before Howson sobers up...

July 6, 2009 at 10:31 PM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

Spaceman your right the more I think of this he'd have to be drunk saw on a Columbus site they wanted to pawn off F. Modin
Huselius and some guy named Russell. They think they can snooker Murray easily and they may be right so this rumor
is asinine more than likely.

July 6, 2009 at 11:00 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I'd love to see us get Filatov and to a much, much, much lesser extent would like to see what Nash can do with some talent...

July 6, 2009 at 11:15 PM | Registered Commenterce034

well its just a rumor by an unreliable source and murray said today that there was nothing
so i wouldint think much of it

July 6, 2009 at 11:23 PM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

well turns out that bob stauffer contacted scott howson and he denied the rumor (source:dan tencer)

July 7, 2009 at 12:10 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Im salivating at the thought of acquiring Filatov. He's going to be a future star in this league. I would love for this deal to go through. And that's precisely the reason it won't :(

July 7, 2009 at 12:37 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Yes to Filatov! Bring on the Ruskies - it worked for the Caps. I wonder if Vermie is warning the Jackets that Heater only looks good coz of a certain Golden God...

July 7, 2009 at 4:05 AM | Registered CommenterAtheist Aussie

The Jackets are a bit weak at center even with Brassard. I can't believe they would trade him, much less him and Filatov, for someone who's acting like Heatley has been. Silly Eklund.

Jackets Underground!

July 7, 2009 at 8:09 AM | Registered CommenterCrab Cake

We all know where this rumour came from, and by now we should all know of the reliability of that ""source"" (over the course of a year, he was proven to be less accurate than picking a player and throwing a dart at a board featuring all possible teams).

Portzline (trusted Columbus beat writer), Gordon (our own trusted Ottawa beat writer), and anyone with a modicum of common sense have all come to the same conclusion: this is made up simply to get you to click, click, click, all the way to this ""source""'s moneybank.

As an aside, I know that during the recession online ad revenues given for hosting ads have dropped significantly, so for those desperate for cash, as this ""source"" is, you can expect even more to be drummed up in the name of keeping himself comfortable. Remember folks, this is the guy who admitted when being interviewed in his early days admitted to feeling more like an "entertainer" than a "reporter" when given the choice between the two. Sorry, but that's what really grind my gears.

July 7, 2009 at 1:30 PM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

Thanks hobo I will not run with one of this "reporters" rumors again his sources are obviously non existent and if they do
exist they are wrong a lot.

July 7, 2009 at 8:34 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln