Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Eugene's Perspective

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?content=20090703_132101_8672

Excellent 7 min interview on the fan by Melnyk. He is clearly pissed at Heatley and the whole mess of a situation. He also talks about Neil's resigning.

July 4, 2009 at 8:37 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

It is nice to hear what Neil did, but I hope they are just not signing players because they are loyal. Sign who we need and let others walk, just because they are willing to take less to stay doesn't mean we should sign him.

July 5, 2009 at 9:50 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

I agree. I personally didn't want Neil back, especially for 2m a season. A guy like that should be making 1m no more. Apparently Murray's final offer was 1.7, and on July 1 he just caved in and gave him the extra 300k. Crap! Bunch of crap!

July 5, 2009 at 6:29 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

But the Senators were No. 1 at something:

The team having the Worst off Season so far The Neil signing for to much money and length of contract for next to no
offensive production and the Heatley fiasco which who knows when it will end.
That was the opinion of the Hockey writer on Yahoo and who can argue at least to this point.

Murray I think now needs to be on a real hot seat with his signings and the cap hell he's trying to create with marginal players.

July 5, 2009 at 8:17 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln