Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Spezza left off team Canada orientation camp roster

He could still be added to the Olympic roster, but last 2 Olympics teams were made entirely of guys invited to the camp. Hopefully this fires him up, but I doubt it.

July 2, 2009 at 10:23 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut

I still think there's some un-tapped potential in Spezza. I doubt this is what spurs him to greatness, but in conjunction with being removed from Heatley, it might spur him to put in a little extra effort. Ultimately, I don't think he has any business being on that team and it can only help for him to understand that. Heatley on the other hand -- I also doubt he makes the cut unless he puts in an incredible first half next season. But getting an invite is certainly enough to keep him complacent.

July 2, 2009 at 12:20 PM | Registered Commenterpitlick

I'm on the fence. He does have enormous talent, but he's also been making the same lazy mistakes going back to Bingo. Ottawa needs to trade Heatley and they need to sign or trade for someone to inject life into the team. We can't expect Spezza to change when the environment he plays in stays the same.

July 2, 2009 at 12:49 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut