Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Neil resigns!

yes chris neil re-signs with the senators at 2m per year for 4 years.Reported by tsn

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283465

July 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

well he got what he wanted 2m but is it worth it?

July 1, 2009 at 8:52 PM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

After seeing what has been going on in Hog Town, we may need 2 or 3 Neils.

July 1, 2009 at 8:56 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I think they overpaid for Neil by about 750,000 to 1 Million per season and 2 years to long.

July 1, 2009 at 10:36 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

you may be right Senior. I wonder if what happened in T.O. today had alot to do with neil being resigned? He's overpaid now but we're gonna need him.

July 1, 2009 at 11:10 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

So let me get this straight. Murray's final offer was $1.7 (which btw is WAY to freakin' much to dump on Neil), and on July 1 he just caves in and throws an extra 300 g's on? WTF!?!?!?

You're giving him 4 years and wasting $8 million when you have Bass coming down the pipe who can play for 500/year? I am this close to giving up on this team....

Complete disarray i tells ya.

July 2, 2009 at 2:35 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

too much money for him, but it's more important that he signed now than it was three weeks ago when you look at what Mister Burke has added to the roster in Toronto - those are going to be tough, tough games.

July 2, 2009 at 8:13 AM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

A different angle to the Neil signing is how grateful was Murray to hear that somebody (ANTBODY) wanted to play in Ottawa?

Neil's attitude is a perfect contrast to that of a certain Mr Heatley. Regardless of the fact of whether or not Chris Neil is overpaid (and I think we all think he is) he could have got more elsewhere but chose to stay in Ottawa. This is a guy who plays a physically punishing game and leaves everything out on the ice more often than not (please see again my contrast comment earlier in the paragraph).

Even though I think he's overpaid my thoughts on the guy have improved these past few days, I'm sure there are other considerations as well as money and I'm sure that if anybody had offered substantially more than Ottawa he would have left, but the fact is that at a time when there was absolutely no good news regarding the Senators and at a time when he could have got more money elsewhere he showed his loyalty to the team by staying. At least he acted like a decent human being.

July 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

The money doesn't bother me as much as the term. I love Neil, but his play has been deteriorating. Maybe having the Spring off will give him time to come back healthy and ready to earn that money.

July 2, 2009 at 10:25 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Terrible.

July 2, 2009 at 12:24 PM | Registered Commenterpitlick