Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > HEATLEY TRADED....maybe

Where ever this puke bag gets traded to, first game back in Ottawa, get Bass, Niel, Yablonski (if he still in the organization) and what ever other tough guy is in Binghamton and beat him to an even uglier pulp than he is now. Take that caulked up stick of his and .... well use your imagination...

One thing about this $4M "bonus". Let's say there's no deal to Edmonton or any other team and Heatley doesn't report to training camp and gets suspended by the Senators. Shouldn't the Sens be able to get that $4M back, since he's not fulfilling his commitments for the 09-10 season? I know it would never happen, but I would love to see a player gets sued by a team for breach of contract.

The league seriously needs to address this no trade clause BS. A team has no protection what so ever. How many times have we heard that a coach has no power over players with big egos. That "all the coach can do is cut their ice time". Well Clouston did that and look where we are now.

Oh and did anyone catch the article in the Citizen the other day. Heatley's parents are upset because he is being crapped on in Ottawa by the fans and media. I guess we know where he gets it.

Hard to believe that Heatley is surpassing Yashin and Emery combined as the most hated player to ever play for the organization. Hell he might be on his way to surpassing Tucker, Corson and Domi combined.

Mr. Yzerman, I hope you have the good sense to not even give this guy a call for Team Canada at the Olympics. We want players with heart, character and integrity representing our Canada. Heatley is none of those, not even close. I hope that this situation kills any of his chances to represent Team Canada at anytime in the future.

July 2, 2009 at 8:20 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Heatley was invited to Olympic camp, Spezza was not.

July 2, 2009 at 10:26 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut

Invite him to camp, but then cut him for not skating or moving his feet enough and for just being a general selfish jackass.

July 2, 2009 at 10:40 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

if we do cut him from the Canadian team he could technically play for team Germany since he does have dual citizenship

July 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

Wow this is all so insane! What an unbelievable saga. No idea what's gonna happen now. How can this guy possibly play another game in Ottawa?? I know Alexei did it, but still... this is crazy!

I'm definitely getting fed up with this team. I want to love my club, but it's getting harder and harder. Contracts for Neil and Kuba -- terrible. This whole Heatley fiasco -- awful. And you know what makes it worse? I LOVE every move Toronto has made this year! Brian Burke is bringing in good, hard players at reasonable rates and terms.

The only solace... Montreal. Hahahahahahahahahaha. That team is screwed for even longer than us!

July 2, 2009 at 12:42 PM | Registered Commenterpitlick

You liked Toronto's moves? Komisarek is nice sure, but Orr? They have lost more than 60 goals in players leaving from last year and added around 15. Who is going to score on that team? Blake? This season is going to suck if you are a Leaf fan. And I am going to love every second of it.

As for us...we are screwed. this Heatley thing is the final nail in the coffin. Who is going to offer anything for a 28 year old 1-dimensional player with a huge contract who has twice demanded to be traded and now appears to be the league's biggest spoiled brat? We are going to have to sit him or take next to nothing for him. Or worse yet, eat someone else's mistake.

This may be more depressing than last year.

July 2, 2009 at 2:34 PM | Registered CommenterGhost of Ron Tugnutt

Oh, Toronto will still suck this year. But they've gotten rid of a lot of garbage. You can look at it as 60 goals going out the door or you can look at it as a bunch of mediocre players being dumped to make room for the re-build. Orr's cheap and he fills a role. We paid twice as much for a smaller, older guy to fill the same role. Sure, Neil has more skill than Orr, but I'd much rather have a top-level bruiser around at half the price. Especially in the Leafs' situation -- they're gonna lose for probably 2 more years so they might as well hurt some people. And if they start winning, he's cheap enough that he can sit. What are you gonna do with Neil when he can't skate anymore in 3 years?

This Leaf team is ready to play hard games under a good coach. They're a bunch of total #$@%$# dicks and we are gonna hate playing them again. They might not win, but they won't be embarrassed.

July 2, 2009 at 6:51 PM | Registered Commenterpitlick

Burke I think also realizes you have to suck to get those top players like Stamkos Tavares and Crosby.
Of course last year the only saving grace from Toronto beating Ottawa in the last game of the season was Toronto if they
had lost would have picked 5th and taken the Schenn brother that LA took. Screw Toronto they still haven't even
figured out how to lose right.

OH yeah Heatley sucks and so does Murray, thanks pitlick for reminding me about that stupid Kuba contract I had forgot.

Lastly a big Kudo to our favorite insane GM Sather who now has a groin injury waiting to happen in Gaborik for 5 years
at 7.5 per season, I hope he and Redden chew up so much cap space that Rangers suck for years to come.
He had made a brilliant move in moving a previous unmovable contract in Gomez and signs a guy who I don't think has
ever played a full season.

What's worse though the 14.5 salary hit from Spezza and Heatley or the 14.0 hit from Redden and Gaborik?

July 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I;d still rather have neil than Orr. neil can play a regular shift. orr is a 3 minute a night guy.

July 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I can't believe this cap's still going on. Can we please trade Heatley for a 2-4 or something and get it over with? At this point, I'd honestly be happy with that deal.

July 3, 2009 at 7:08 PM | Registered CommenterTommy Vallier

Heatley is such a jackass l won't bitch about Penner anymore just get er done.

July 3, 2009 at 9:50 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

JUST BUY HIM OUT MURRAY!!!!!

July 3, 2009 at 10:07 PM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Smyth traded to LA and there goes that suitor for Heatley only Edmonton left with cap space that wants the jackass.
LOL for Priessing, I've heard of him

San Jose could do something D. Wilson loves anything from Ottawa usually. Wilson has promised fans out here that he
is making changes Heatley would sure be a change.

July 3, 2009 at 11:12 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

This Healey nonsense is giving me the same feelings i eventually had for the Phoenix thing. Just get it over with, im sick and tired of hearing this crap all the time. We've got a couple new players (Karlsson, LeClaire) that im super excited about, Heatley, go away you little piss head!

July 5, 2009 at 4:30 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

The Ranger's really worked with Orr to make him a more rounded player. He averaged 6:30 a game last season. Less than Neil, but more than a typical goon. He's Neil Lite - cheaper and with better knees.

July 6, 2009 at 12:50 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut

This Healey nonsense is giving me the same feelings i eventually had for the Phoenix thing. Just get it over with, im sick and tired of hearing this crap all the time. We've got a couple new players (Karlsson, LeClaire) that im super excited about, Heatley, go away you little piss head!

I'm with you Gert... I just want this whole thing to end. I'm sick of this F'n MESS!!!

Heatley go away, Murray get to work and swing some more deals to make this team more competitive this year. I miss the days where I was excited about my team and the upcoming season!!

July 6, 2009 at 2:41 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

The team ended on such a tear ... most improved team in the NHL down the last stretch ...

... would be a complete shame to see that renewed energy lost for next year ... we've got Kovalev and LeClaire now, some great prospects coming up ... let's roll with the new season and let things gel ...

... if the team left in Ottawa is still a TEAM minus a 50-goal scorer, with a coach able to pull the trigger on the accountability when needed, I personally think we'll all be better off.

July 6, 2009 at 11:17 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck