Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > HEATLEY TRADED....maybe

by eklund: "Source: Heatley willing to go but doesn't feel right making Oilers pay for a bonus he earned in Ottawa.WOW"

again WOW

July 2, 2009 at 12:00 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

This is a supposed quote from an Eklund source:

Heatley willing to go but doesn't feel right making Oilers pay for a bonus he earned in Ottawa.

What a crock

LOL QC you saw the same thing!!

July 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

that a bulls**t excuse right there

July 2, 2009 at 12:04 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

lol yeah

July 2, 2009 at 12:04 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

thats just heatley putting a cover up

July 2, 2009 at 12:05 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Russell's right in saying Melnyk should tell Heatley to sue him for the money.

July 2, 2009 at 12:06 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

WOW what a dink

this also from eklund "Heatley also doesnt feel Murray worked hard enough to get him dealt. Waited for offers."

July 2, 2009 at 12:09 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

what the hell made him so bitter?

maybe the liquor strike?

who knows

July 2, 2009 at 12:13 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

in a way, this kind of puts murray back in the driver's seat. not sure what will happen with the 4 million but there's certainly no hurry to do anything now. they can let him rot the rest of the summer if they want. leave him in limbo. of course you have to do something sooner or later but the pressure is off for now.

July 2, 2009 at 12:16 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

nah, the liquor strike was averted. that's why I'm so calm about this.

July 2, 2009 at 12:17 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

hahahaha THATS WHY

July 2, 2009 at 12:18 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

What makes him so bitter is the source you're looking at. This is a guy who claims to have a journalism degree from McGill (they've never had a journalism program). He'll print anything for hits to bring him money.

July 2, 2009 at 12:24 AM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

maybe he just really doesn't want to live in edmonton.

July 2, 2009 at 12:26 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

true true

July 2, 2009 at 12:27 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

i guess growing up a flames fan he must really hate the oilers,

July 2, 2009 at 12:28 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

A real source is Dan Tencer, of an Edmonton sports radio station, who has it that: Meeting went OK with the Oilers. It's more about Heatley trying put the screws to Ottawa. (notice that this is a more credible source, but giving directly opposing view of Heatley)

July 2, 2009 at 12:30 AM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

yeah i understand but why is he so pissed at ottawa?

July 2, 2009 at 12:33 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Okay it's official... I now hate Heatley more than Yashin!!!

July 2, 2009 at 12:40 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

Ok Hobo, that's weird. less than a minute ago i was on that guy's site, thinking he'd be a good guest for the next show. great minds, I guess....

July 2, 2009 at 12:40 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

My mind, great? Don't make me double over like that on what I still consider to be Canada Day (actually I'm packing for a few days' return to Ottawa).

July 2, 2009 at 12:44 AM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

gives us shout when you get here. maybe we can do another wing night, if you have time.

July 2, 2009 at 12:46 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

There's also a good screenshot in the comments at KK, showing Ek declaring Heatley to Edmonton happened back at 8:25pm tonight. A lot easier to get the scoops first when you make them up.

July 2, 2009 at 12:48 AM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

Thanks, don't think I'll have time this time around though, I'll be heading up to the serenity that comes from a cottage on a lake full of Hill-ers (and Peter Mansbridge) for the weekend with family, already late since my five-day weekend started Tuesday night. If the offer still stands in the mid to late August range though, I'll be back in town for longer and more than up for it.

July 2, 2009 at 1:07 AM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

that'll be right around wedding time for me but you'll maybe be able to drag out the other two clowns. enjoy the cottage!

July 2, 2009 at 1:12 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I'm slightly startled as to why people believe much of anything that Eklund says - it was most amusing to see a lot of people congratulating him on "breaking" the fact that Heatley had agreed to waive his NMC last night.

Let's be honest the best chance Ek has of breaking something is if he falls out of a tree.

July 2, 2009 at 8:11 AM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle