Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > HEATLEY TRADED....maybe

So even if we pay the 4 mill and ship him off he takes the whole cap hit with him? Well here's hoping Melnyk is willing to open his wallet to make a deal happen. Just no Penner. Please god no Penner.

July 1, 2009 at 12:42 AM | Registered CommenterGhost of Ron Tugnutt

damn gert you really hate penner dontcha

July 1, 2009 at 12:43 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

I don't understand how Murray is still running this team. It's been completely destroyed with him at the helm. It's beyond reason!

July 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Dude, living in saskatoon i watched his sorry ass all last season. You think Heatley's complacent? That guy puts Heatley to shame.

July 1, 2009 at 12:45 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

agreed he is the last player i want other than sundin

July 1, 2009 at 12:47 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

You guys in Ottawa need to call the Team 1200 tomorrow and shoot down anything to do with Penner let the guys on the
radio know this was a stupid asinine deal, Senators management needs to know they dodged a bullet with Penner for
3 more years. We would have hated this deadwood so freaking much.

July 1, 2009 at 12:47 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

gert great last post about Penner that was great.

July 1, 2009 at 12:48 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I almost feel betrayed as a sens fan that Murray would even consider a deal like that. Talk about being taken to the cleaners and back.

July 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Murray has been talking to Milbury I've got to believe.

July 1, 2009 at 12:55 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

sportsnet is reporting the trade is on hold

July 1, 2009 at 1:04 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

wait guys it may not be done yet sportsnet is reporting that heatley didint say no he said he will sleep on it

July 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

this whole saga needs to be put to rest soon, the agents are wrecking this game

July 1, 2009 at 1:08 AM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

there is also a package from ny wich is dubinsky,calahan,del zotto and a swetener

July 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Ah crap just after I let out a sigh of relief, got to believe if the Sens fans are vocal enough tomorrow maybe Melnyk will not let
Murray take on that crappy Penner just take Cogliano and Smid and USE THE DAMN CAP ROOM instead of Penner.

July 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

i would take souray rather than smid and penner

July 1, 2009 at 1:11 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Dubinsky and Callahan are both RFA's according to Hockeybuzz that would be better if they don't want to sign, eff em and
use the cap space and pick your player or players instead of what Edmonton or NY want to pawn off on Milbury err I mean
Murray.

Souray could at least lead the PP, instead of Penner being a healthy scratch every nite.

July 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283382

July 1, 2009 at 1:16 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

The Ottawa Sun says Murray may be interested in Cammelleri. If he can just get Cogliano and Smid he saves 6 Million on the
cap and he can sign Cammelleri and forget about that worthless Penner, whatever he does don't take back Penner and use the
money for someone like Havlat or Hossa even, well maybe not those jinxed guys but for sure not Penner.

July 1, 2009 at 1:58 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

yeah thats a good way to go but unfortunatly it won't happen

July 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Why would Cammelleri come to this crap factory?

July 1, 2009 at 6:21 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

If I understand some of you well is, trade Heatley to somewhere in exchange for just the capspace... Come on, we fans can't fire the GM, the only one who can fire Murray is Melnyk and he would have never approved of such deal.

I think Murray must be pretty desperate by now (witnessing the near deal), he has to get something back for Heatley, but what. Heatley coming back... I don't think it's gonna happen. Although I wanted to and after repeated pinching myself (I thought all the Heatley-wanting-to-be-traded-stuff was just a bad dream) I'm almost sure he's rather playing in the KHL than in Ottawa right now.

What do we want back from the Rangers? The RFA package? Are they any good? I've taken a look at their roster and what I would want back is maybe: Mark Staal (the one we should have had all along), and then some 3 or 4 players, prospects, picks or whatever. I don't like any of the roster. The King is not going to be dealt for sure.

July 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Staal for Heatly? Dude, put the pipe down. Too early to be smoking.

July 1, 2009 at 11:45 AM | Registered Commenterpucknut

whatever happens today, don't be too quick to hang murray. we don't know what he's up against and i bet it's a reeeeal hard place. he may have few to no options and if you don't like the deal, it may well be the only one he had.

July 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Exactly Russell. Murray cannot win. Heatley is not in demand across the league. He may be a fifty goal scorer, but he is very one-dimensional. (Hint: Stick in air). Add to that his contract and the perception now that he is a problem in the locker room or a difficult personality and no team is going to give a quality star up to get him.

We are left with a crappy choice. Either get a good player (Cogliano) and take another awful contract (Penner) or take a package of very average players (the Rangers package). I think Sens fans have had their expectations too high.

July 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM | Registered CommenterGhost of Ron Tugnutt

I think Ottawa would be better with the Rangers package (even though I do NOT want Heatley on the Rangers). Those kids might be average talent, but they're hard workers. They would respond better to Clouston and could spark the more "talented" Sens.

Penner is a buy-out waiting to happen.

July 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut