Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > HEATLEY TRADED....maybe

Tsn is reporting that theres a proposed trade between the senators and oilers. we trade heatley for dustin penner, andrew gogliano and ladislav smid.But this trade wont go down until danny agrees by midnight tonight if he does hes traded but if not things might change alot said by bob mckenzie.

if it goes down im happy but would be nice to have souray too

June 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Penner just plain SUCKS, Smid is cheap because he sucks too but not as bad as Penner and Cogliano I'm going to have
to look up his stats. If this is the trade it's just plain stupid, asinine and Murray was completely fleeced by Heatley and
Edmonton front office. This is worse than just getting the Jackass off the cap and signing some UFA's in Heatley's spot.

As Stooli has said many times spreading out the hit on the cap is much more feasible than putting all the $ in the forwards.
Penner makes 4 million and Edmonton was begging teams to take him and they found a sucker in Murray.

June 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

looks like we both had the same idea

June 30, 2009 at 11:23 PM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

haha yep you know what they say great minds think alike

June 30, 2009 at 11:36 PM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Pretty much a disaster. Smid and Penner suck ASS!!!!!!! And the money Penner makes?!?!?!?! I hope you guys are looking forward to an absolute crap sandwich next year.

June 30, 2009 at 11:45 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Gert it's not that much space because the worthless Penner makes 4.25 Million per season for 3 more years.

Penner and Cogliano are 5.4 for next year and Smid is a RFA gert it's totally brutal and now the stupid ass Murray is the
one who gets to resign Smid who sucks and he'll have to resign him to make this trade look good for him.

Murray needs to be fired for this effing stupid trade. They may not save anything in cap space and stuck with Penner.

June 30, 2009 at 11:54 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

TJ, i just found out how much penner makes for his indifferent play. I nearly had a heart attack. This is an utter disaster. I guess Murray had no choice. They had to unload him for whatever they could get. Edmonton has won this deal.

June 30, 2009 at 11:56 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Souray and Cogliano would have been much better for Senators I'm just totally pissed, if you couldn't tell and Penner has
3 more years according to Hockeybuzz salary figures it's even worse than I thought when I was having my earlier meltdowns.

July 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Sportsnet says the deal is done. Poor.

And Penner is signed at a 4.25m hit per year... for 3 more years.

Poor.

The upside is Penner is big and can contribute in a role-player type situation -- he's a real player, he's just overpaid. And Cogliano has some upside to him, no doubt. But the only way this trade ends up being good for Ottawa is if Cogliano blossoms into the best player he can possibly be. That's a longshot for any prospect.

Poor.

July 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM | Registered Commenterpitlick

Penner since he signed that contract and won a Cup has been totally unmotivated he's made Yashin look like an energy
player. With the cap what it is and the fact Smid sucks just renounce his rights and let him go it would be no big loss.

They would have without a doubt in my mind been better off trading him for draft picks and having the cap space for UFA's
than this haul of expensive crap.

July 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I am freaking out right now. I can't see this deal as anything but a complete disaster for us.

July 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Just heard the news (was having sex with my wife)...

If this trade crap with Edmonton is true... I'll be freaken' PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNREAL!!!!!

July 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

TSN Reports Otherwise

July 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

LMAO Shredder at least you brought the only smile to my face since this farce was announced.

Homer what does TSN report???

July 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Firstly, thumbs up Shredder. Secondly, this deal is making me sick to my stomach.

July 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

WAHOO!!!!! NO DEAL!

July 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

nothing right now where just waiting for heatley decision

July 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC
July 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

all because the heat couldnt wave the no trade before midnight

July 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

Mackenzie is reporting that Heatley turned down the deal.

July 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Deal is dead. TSN and Garrioch reporting Heatley has killed it.

July 1, 2009 at 12:18 AM | Registered CommenterGhost of Ron Tugnutt

well thats a relief

July 1, 2009 at 12:19 AM | Registered CommentersensfanQC

Thank God and I still hate Penner and Murray.

You guys in the East are up awfully late

July 1, 2009 at 12:19 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Ok, it's after midnight eastern time. The sens now owe Heatley his $4m salary for July first. As of 20 minutes ago.

July 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I can't freaking believe Murray was going to make that deal!?!?!?! That would have been a complete disaster!

July 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator