Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > What do we get for Heatley?

Whilst it isn't my place to set this up, especially as i don't have any prizes, i reckon it's time for a competition.

Give it your best guess to and for whom Heatley get's traded. One guess only.

If anybody gets it spot on they get a prize from the boys on the underground. In the event of two people giving the same guess which shouldn't happen - the person who posts it first wins.

June 10, 2009 at 6:50 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

I'd much rather try to dispatch all rumours. The list of teams that Heatley and Murray would agree to trade him to is likely 5 to 10 tops, and maybe half a dozen that could reasonably take him and offer a return. TSN suggests that he'd waive his clause to go to Edmonton, but finding something that works financially in these times is going to be the real test. If Murray were to accept Penner, I think I'd keel over.

June 10, 2009 at 7:47 PM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

I'm guessing Patrick Marleau from San Jose straight up and then I get to watch his traitorous self all the time.

June 10, 2009 at 7:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I heard the Marleau rumor also. I would be so pissed if we took that playoff choker for heatley. He was sooooooo freaking terrible in that 1st round series with Anaheim, it makes my skin crawl to think that he could be a senator. NO MARLEAU!

June 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

thegertkenator I agree with you but believe it or not he has like 5 or 6 game winning goals in playoff games. They won a bunch
of first round series and he even had the game winning goal in one game against the Ducks this year.

If this trade were to happen SJ would come out way ahead especially since Heatley would be playing with Jumbo Joe and they
would be great together. (until the playoffs)

June 11, 2009 at 12:13 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I'll sat Gaborik from the Wild. Damaged goods, I know, but when he's healthy he's damn good.

June 13, 2009 at 12:12 AM | Registered CommenterAlex Nowak

According to sportsnet,

The 2 front runners for Heatley are Edmonton and San Jose.

The indications are Edmonton might not be at the top of Heatley's list of destinations he'd like to land.

If he doesn't end up being traded do you think he would do the "Yashin" and sit out the season?

June 16, 2009 at 12:22 PM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

I keep hearing Phaneuf mentioned as a trade for Heatley ...

That's it, the key to victory is not hard work and dedication, grinding and banging your way to a gruelling final ...

... the truth is ... we need more celebrity girlfriends ... yeah, that's it ...

Russell's suggestion last season about hooking up a Sen with Lindsay Lohan comes to mind again ... hmmmm ... what poor bugger gets that train wreck?

June 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I would suggest Schubert to date Lohan

June 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

Lecavalier for Heatly and draft pick or prospect. But Heatly would have to agree it. He doesn't want to play in Florida but may have accept it to get out of Ottawa. That would piss off the Habs.

June 24, 2009 at 10:23 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Lacavalier is an even bigger cap hit than heatley.

June 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

If they can't get anything else at Lecavalier is a better player, he won a Cup and he's tougher than Heatley.
But that Cap hit is big and they need to in my opinion get picks and young guys who are cheap and then sign Bowumeester
with Heatley's Dollars.

June 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Looks like Kings may be it, that #5 pick and Frolov who makes 4.0 Million so Sens save 3.5 on cap can they still sign
Bouwmeester with that? Frolov is a UFA after next season.
I really think it would be great if they can not take back much money and sign Bowumeester as Stooli has pointed out several
times balancing that $ off the forwards would help this team.
Forget that Lecavalier stuff ain't going to happen.

If Minnesota steps up I don't have any idea what they have left that would help the Senators. Check out their roster, they suck.

Supposedly Colorado has spoke to Sens they have the 3rd pick that would be sweet. Duschene or Tavares or Hedman which
ever left would look nice in a Senator uniform.

June 26, 2009 at 12:14 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

But if the Sens got Lecavalier, Spezza becomes expendable. That would leave caps space to sign a puck moving defenceman.

June 26, 2009 at 10:32 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Good news the agent for Dany has been in contact with him and told Dany to remain calm.

June 27, 2009 at 9:09 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I read somewhere that Chicago wants Heatley, as long as we take Campbell back. I don't know what his cap hit is, but that doesn't sound that bad to me (as long as another prospect is added).

June 29, 2009 at 10:07 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Campbell 5 more years at 7.14 per season that's a lot for a guy whose star has fallen somewhat after last years playoffs.
Duncan Keith and Seabrook 2 guys on his own team who are better are coming up on RFA status and they'd love to dump
Campbell on Ottawa.

June 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Okay, so it would balance out the cap somewhat more over defence and offence. We have one happy Stooli. He's also a local boy isn't he?

Well come to think of it. I heard Havlat might be available. In Chicago he's willing to take a paycut for a longer term deal. I would sure like to have him back.

June 30, 2009 at 2:51 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

... but since he's a UFA, no dealing involved I guess.

June 30, 2009 at 2:52 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

labru your right about balancing out the payroll with Campbell but he didn't play well with Sharks during the playoffs the year
before last. And last season Scottie Bowman was all over Campbell for some of the bonehead plays that cost Chicago in
last years playoffs. I remember game against Vancouver where he cost them one of those playoff games and the spotlight
would be greater in Ottawa I'm not sure how he would hold up especially with all that money owed him.

June 30, 2009 at 9:14 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Campbell didn't play well in the playoffs this year..... HE'S PERFECT FOR THIS TEAM!

June 30, 2009 at 12:29 PM | Registered CommenterIvanDaTerrible

Yup, he's the right one. Noone on this team has ever won a cup after playing here, so why not. If he can help us REACHING the playoffs we're one step further already. And we've seen what he's capable of when he was in our division, a few bad years is only make us stronger in salary negotiations.

July 1, 2009 at 9:11 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

labru I'd gladly take Campbell any day and every day of the week instead of Penner.

July 1, 2009 at 9:25 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Haven't seen much of the Penner guy, but everybody hates him here, so why don't I.... Well the Underground consensus is good enoug for me. If we all here don't like him he cannot come to Ottawa... deal?!

And err.... if I had to choose? Campbell all the way!

July 1, 2009 at 10:48 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Penner would give us a new four million dollar man to have gripes with for a host of reasons, but Murray must like him from his time in Anaheim. (three more years at over $4 million, brutal)
Smid is a depth defenceman, not bad, but worse than 2-4 of our defencemen in every area. (RFA, and we have more than enough non-top-2 defencemen)
Cogliano is a second shot at getting the Vermette equation right, speedy forward to have hope in but has yet to explode (has a year left on his entry level deal)

This could be bad, that the trade was revealed, because everyone else might shoot under that, knowing that they could have Heatley's favour, and knowing that Penner has been an albatross they'll feel confident throwing really undesirable contracts in.

But it could be good, in that some teams will make signings (Vancouver retained the twins), and as things go down they could realize that Heatley is their only option left.

I do wonder what Heatley will do if the Rangers land any of the free agent talent out there though.

July 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM | Registered CommenterSENShobo