Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Heatley wants out of Ottawa?

Speculation that Heater wants to be traded. His contracts such a cap-hog that who the hell is going to pay him?

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/06/09/9739076.html

June 9, 2009 at 1:26 PM | Registered Commenterneonpablo

I posted earlier that i was dissapointed about this. But now i see it as a blessing. Stooli and others have been saying it all along. You can't pay these 4 guys half your cap. Take 7.5/year for 5 years out of that, and we have some serious flexibility. I don't think it will be that hard to move him. 7.5m/year for one of the games premiere scorers is just about right. The real work remains getting good compensation for Heatley. Hopefully Murray can find a good deal. Maybe a high pick this year and an established D man to finally be our number one.

I don't want anyone on this team that bitches about the coach and that he has to work too hard. This team is soft, they lack discipline. Get him outta here and get us a solid number one D man.

June 9, 2009 at 6:45 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

BTW, i think news this big deserves a new podcast ;)

June 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator