Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Detroit v. Pittsburgh (again)

This seasons Finals should be closer and after watching these 2 teams play does anyone think Ottawa would
stand a chance next year against these powerhouses?
They are both so damn good and Detroit has Lidstrom and Datsyuk out today.

May 24, 2009 at 4:33 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Does ottawa stand a chance? In a word.....no.

May 24, 2009 at 8:34 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

After last year I thought: Rebuild Sens, no one is beating the same Detroit team plus Hossa... I assumed that the Pens finals hangover would last more than half a season. We all did.

May 25, 2009 at 2:04 AM | Registered CommenterAtheist Aussie

I for one did NOT want to see these to teams in the finals again!!! Oh well...

I wanted to see a new team win the cup this year but between the Pens and the Wings, I have no choice but to cheer for the Wings.

May 27, 2009 at 1:07 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

I think I know why Detroit wins so much. Did anyone see the clip of Mike Babcock on TSN last night and the scowl he had on his face. I would hate to be the player that screwed up and have that guy in my face.

May 29, 2009 at 8:23 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I really wanted to see a Pittsburgh/Chicago final. I would put my life on hold and watch the whole thing. But Pens/Wings again is cool.

May 31, 2009 at 1:55 PM | Registered CommenterBrennan Dixon

Detroit has guys scoring who may not even make the team next year Abductor or whatever his name is scores every game.

The rest of the NHL has it's work cut out for it taking this team down.

May 31, 2009 at 10:19 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

They really are the best hockey club in the world. Pitts has absolutely no answer for them.

May 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Here in Oz, seems just about everyone is a Red Wings fan. I think it's because on the computer games their stats are the best every year so people play as them, and then buy a jersey. People are idiots. So I really hate the wings. What I really don't get is how they manage to pull an amazing goalie out of there Red Ring just for the playoffs.

June 1, 2009 at 7:58 AM | Registered CommenterAtheist Aussie

when it comes to playoff hockey, there's Detroit and everyone else. hey Stooli, you sure Osgoode can't get it done? you know, the guy who's gonna win the conn smythe?

June 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Russell, you are a crazy fool.

And Detroit will still win it all, fun as it would be, for so many reasons, to see the opposite.

June 3, 2009 at 8:59 PM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

what? what?

June 3, 2009 at 9:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Oh you know. And I know, because it gets forwarded to me in the end, you crazy fool.

June 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

Pittsburgh in 7. If the refs don't screw it up.

June 3, 2009 at 11:30 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Funny how much better Detroit is with Datsyuk after that a@@kicking Detroit handed Pitts tonite.

June 6, 2009 at 11:18 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Gee. Pens in 7. Now who predicted that.

June 13, 2009 at 9:46 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior