Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Keenan gets the boot

Breaking news while watching OTR. Flames fire Keenan.

May 22, 2009 at 6:18 PM | Registered CommenterGranNy

Good. Most over rated coach ever.

May 22, 2009 at 8:27 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Senior, for once you and I agree on something!

May 22, 2009 at 8:53 PM | Registered CommenterShredder

Yeah. They really underachieved this year. With all the leadership on that team, they probably should have been able to send the hawks packing. But never discount the power of injuries. They were without their biggest shutdown D and their biggest offensive D.

Keenan has a short shelf life, we've said it time and time again. Maybe try bringing up an AHL coach :)

May 22, 2009 at 10:01 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I feel bad for Keenan cause I never like seeing people hurt, but it had to be done. I am frustrated that this is Sutter's way out of bad mistakes as a bad GM. Unfortunately as a GM it easier to fire a coach than traded away players (with big stupid contracts). Keenan just inherited a flawed team that Sutter built. Keenan rides his big guns. So of course during injury he'll ride them even more. Iggy and Phanuef playing 30 each night in the playoffs is just stupid.
People wonder why the Flames always get knocked out in first round- crappy drafting by Sutter results in no team improvement
People wonder why Kipper is (excuse me for the pun) burnt at the end of the season- the back up goalie issue that Sutter refuses to address
With that said I do not think they underachieved. They did the best with what they could injury wise. Try taking out Khaubibulin, Havlat and Campbell out of Chicago's lineup. It would have been a whole different series.
And I do think Keenan is overrated. I could have coached that 94 Rangers team, frig Messier was the coach.
Calgary has no direction business wise, plan and simple.

May 23, 2009 at 8:37 PM | Registered CommenterBrennan Dixon