Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > THE FINAL 4!!!!

the blackhawks underground!!!! i'm on the band wagon.

May 16, 2009 at 11:04 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

hate to say it, but Soupy was a hell of a signing for that team. I know his stats are not amazing, but Kane & Very Able get a lot of good zone entries & puck movement from that guy. To be said only when necessary: You were right Stooli.

May 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM | Registered CommenterAtheist Aussie

I hate all 4 of these teams.

May 16, 2009 at 9:38 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Man, what a playoff!!!!! I have a feeling that Chicago is going to run into the Detroit brick wall here soon, but congrats to those kids for making it this far! Im thinking that ones over in 5 or 6. Pitts and Car is probably going atleast 6....maybe 7. Talk about the surprise of the playoffs. Car is playing great, doesn't hurt to have a white hot goaltender thats for sure.

This is the greatest game on earth.

May 16, 2009 at 11:44 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

This has been one hell of a playoffs... would have been better with the Sens in it but oh well.

I hate Pittsburgh, don't give a rat's ass about Carolina, can't stand Detroit so... GO HAWKS GO!!!

May 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

By the way, I was supposed to be interviewed on CBC Radio Friday afternoon to talk about the playoffs but it was cancelled at the last minute.

Too bad... I was pumped for it!

May 17, 2009 at 12:29 AM | Registered CommenterShredder

I only caught one game of the Devils v. Canes first round, but said to my buddy after watching it, that whoever makes it out from that series is going to the finals... I'll go with Canes in 5.

The Hawks seem too young to realize that they should feel pressured, and wings didn't really impress in the Ducks series, goaltending was supposed to be the weakness for the wings, but it seems that their D behind Lidstrom and Ericsson is letting them down and were lucky to escape that series with the Ducks... Blackhawks in 6.

Side note because of proximity I pick up Detroit sports stations, they were saying apparently a Chicago station was doing a contest to come up with a new chant instead of the generic "Red Wings suck", and the contest winner came out as "Sell some cars" perhaps it was/is bad taste but I nearly drove into a pole laughing, I'll be listening when the series moves to Chicago to see if anyone actually starts that chant.

May 17, 2009 at 1:54 AM | Registered CommenterCooper

I would love to see a Pits vs Chicago final but I think it will be Wings vs Canes.

May 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Detroit or bust!!

May 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM | Registered CommenterGranNy

I don't know how anyone can say Detroit didn't impress against Anaheim. They outshot them in every single game -- usually by a wide margin. The only thing holding Anaheim in there was a stellar goaltender. Detroit is scary good and the cup is theirs to lose.

May 19, 2009 at 1:56 AM | Registered Commenterpitlick

goaltending, right Stooli?

May 19, 2009 at 7:40 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

and can someone tell me when sergei samsonov decided he was an nhl player again?

May 19, 2009 at 7:42 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

EAVES???? I mean it's hard enough to see Corvo play well, but if Eaves scores key goals in Conf Finals, I'm going to get depressed.

May 21, 2009 at 9:42 PM | Registered CommenterAtheist Aussie

No need to worry about Eaves and Corvo going any further into playoffs. The main worry for Senator fans should be this
effing Penguin team they are young and tough and just know how to win. It's to bad the back to back high picks for the Sens
years ago were Yashin and Daigle and not a pair like Malkin and Crosby.

May 22, 2009 at 12:14 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd................havlat's hurt. give him credit though. he lasted alot longer than usual.

May 22, 2009 at 10:12 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

...and it was actually on a play you could see him getting hurt on, not just falling into someone like usual.....

btw, how was that a 5 minute major???

May 23, 2009 at 9:38 AM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

Shots to the head are usually 5 minute majors refs don't have the benefit of slow motion. It looked terrible but he didn't leave
his feet till after he nearly killed Havlat. Scott Stevens isn't in the league anymore for it to have been a no call.

May 24, 2009 at 12:40 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Just saw HNIC replay and Havlat never touched the puck so it was not a legal hit and they called it right.
I was wrong and he did deserve the penalty.

May 24, 2009 at 1:22 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln