Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Karlsson signed

SensChirp and the Sens website are reporting that the club has signed Erik Karlsson to and entry level contract. Looks like he'll be in North America next year. I was really impressed with his poise at the world juniors but not sure if he'll be able to crack the top six for next year. We have so many D right now but i'd rather see him in the lineup than most of the D from last season. Bell and Schubert...you suck.

May 7, 2009 at 5:01 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I'm glad that he has signed and I think whether he makes the roster or plays in Bingo next year this is a positive step for the Senators.

The one concern I have is that, remembering what was being said about this guy on these and other forums last year, we are heaping too much pressure on him. To expect Karlsson to come in and solve all of this teams problems or just this teams problems on the blue line on his own is delusional.

All Karlsson is at best is part of a wider solution.

May 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

100% agree. We can't expect a 19 year old 160lbs kid to come here and be the big stud. Murray clearly has a heap of work to do.

May 7, 2009 at 8:10 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I'd be surprised if he ends up in Bingo. The program down here has gotten so poor and with guys leaving after their contracts are up or demanding trades I think that word has gotten out. Looks like Hunt might even be leaving. A veteran coach would help a lot, but I think we'd see Hartsburg down here before anyone with a pro resume.

Any word on Karlsson going to Junior? His size might be better suited for that level until he adjusts to NA game.

May 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM | Registered Commenterpucknut