Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > The Love Guru

For those of you who have yet to see the movie "The Love Guru," I'd like to spare you some grief from one Sens fan to another. The movie is centered on a struggling Maple Leafs franchise (coincidence?) and how they've resorted to hiring a guru to get them on track. Never have I seen so much Toronto propaganda in my life...not to mention Jessica Alba as the team owner (she must've been paid handsomely). Spoiler alert: Low and behold the Maple Laughs win a Stanley Cup in the end...who knew they needed a Hollywood script and a boatload of endorsement fees to pull it off. I've never felt so on the verge of vomiting in my life. To our credit, the movie was a flop...call it the "Midas touch" of the Maple Leafs franchise. He may have been a Blackhawks fan in Wayne's World, but Mike Myers has definitely taken a step back on this one. Shame on you Hollywood and shame on you Mike Myers.

April 25, 2009 at 9:56 AM | Registered CommenterLuciferSam

This movie did win something tho, it won a razzie award for worst picture, worst actor and worst screenplay. If there was an award for worst hockey movie this would win that award too.

April 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM | Registered CommenterHomer Simpson

I still didn't see this movie... don't get many opportunities to sit down and watch a movie, certainly not gonna waste my time watching a movie where the Leafs win the cup! Not gonna happen.

And by the way Lucifer, Myers IS a leafs fan. The only thing I don't like about that guy!

April 27, 2009 at 10:02 AM | Registered CommenterShredder